Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: M-powered 7 now available

This is very, very dissappointing and looks unproffessional for both Digidesign and M-Audio. I have made four different 3-4 hour attempts over the past two days at trying to get the download to finish.

It will download at a pathetic speed for 4 hours and then cut off after I've gotten around 14 meg. Since you can't resume the download I am starting over from scratch everytime.

Surely both Digidesign and M-Audio would both know that there was going to be a high demand for this download, so there is not really a solid excuse as to why they didn't do a better job of preparing for this.

Can someone at Digidesign or M-Audio PLEASE offer an additonal download source that actually works???
Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Ok I am sorry if this has been asked but I did look around before asking.
I have M powered 6.8
Is there a way to update it to 7.0? And if so where?
Thank you VERY much

Stacy
Hi Stacy

Yes for all registered users ,M powered 7.0 is a FREE upgrade. You can buy the installation
Cd's with the documentation for about $16 inc tax. You can download the update now and
Digi/maudio is emailing everyone with info on the process of getting their upgrade.

I'm curious to know all this talk about Downloading it from Maudio's site? I'm sure
traffic has been busy at the Digistore and it makes sense to direct the extra bandwith
over to MA and seeing as how it is their product,but the transfer rate everyone is
getting sounds pathetic.
PT Mpowered 8.04, Logic 9.1.1
Waves SSL,Omnisphere,Korg Legacy Digital
Absynth 4, EZ Drummer
Project Mix I/O w/ Black Lion Mod
Axiom 61,25, Korg Nano Pad
Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 AM

When you go to the Pro Tools 7 M-Powered Software page (http://www.digidesign.com/download/ptmp/) and click on Pro Tools M-Powered 7 Update for Windows XP (http://www.m-audio.com/?do=products....ptmp7pc&form=1), you are taken to a page that says "demo". So is the demo the same as the update?

I called Customer Support and the guy I reached told me the M-Powered update wasn't available yet. After I pointed out the web page to him, he checked and said it was the same but you could tell he wasn't sure. His answer was to email the webmaster if I had any questions.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:52 PM

the update link URL has "demo" in it. not sure why, but it installed okay.

pt7 is good! shame they can't get the act together for the downloads... ah well.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:12 PM

Dub,

Question for you...

Did you already have version 6.8 installed, and did you "update" install on top of 6.8, or did you uninstall 6.8 and do a "clean" install of version 7 only.

Or does it matter?

Thanks!
Wade
Old 11-15-2005, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Did you already have version 6.8 installed, and did you "update" install on top of 6.8, or did you uninstall 6.8 and do a "clean" install of version 7 only.

PT7 won't install without uninstalling 6.8 first.

JP
Old 11-15-2005, 02:27 PM

I wanted to do a clean install but please report if you have any compatability problems with older sessions.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Quote:

pt7 is good! shame they can't get the act together for the downloads... ah well.

Thanks. That's good to know. So how big is the file anyway? I've been downloading for 4 hours with my 8 Mbps connection and I'm at 85 MB.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. That's good to know. So how big is the file anyway? I've been downloading for 4 hours with my 8 Mbps connection and I'm at 85 MB.
85.8mb
Old 11-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Thank you so much, my friend!
Cheers...