Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 AM

Default Artist Controllers and EuCon with Mountain Lion 10.8?

Mountain Lion?

Regards

Krzysztof

Last edited by Avid; 08-06-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Thread title changed from "The Crazy Question."
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM

Default Re: The Crazy Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysztof View Post
Mountain Lion?

Regards

Krzysztof
it works
Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 PM

It does? My Euphonix with 2.6.2 doesn't work worth crap. It's like it doesn't even know Protools is there.

I'm not complaining mind you, I know this is a first release :)
Old 08-03-2012, 10:44 AM

Thumbs down Re: The Crazy Question.

I just don't think anyone from Euphonix reads this forum... or even Avid.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Avid

Post Re: The Crazy Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysztof View Post
Mountain Lion?
Regards
Krzysztof
Testing with ML is still ongoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recording Room View Post
It does? My Euphonix with 2.6.2 doesn't work worth crap. It's like it doesn't even know Protools is there.
I'm not complaining mind you, I know this is a first release :)
We're not seeing this issue. Can you please provide more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recording Room View Post
I just don't think anyone from Euphonix reads this forum... or even Avid.
We do, and it would help if threads like this one had more relevant titles like "Do Artist Controllers work with Mountain Lion 10.8?" and more details for us (and others) to work with.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We do, and it would help if threads like this one had more relevant titles like "Do Artist Controllers work with Mountain Lion 10.8?" and more details for us (and others) to work with.
Thanks.
Comeon, Avid, everyone is waiting to hear if you have a software update planned in the works for this series of controllers. You've sold us some great hardware (Artist series) and poor quality software to go with it (Eucon). Networking issues, stability issues, Eucon has so many problems! You shouldn't keep so quiet about what's happening.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Testing with ML is still ongoing.

We're not seeing this issue. Can you please provide more info?

Thanks.

Hey cool you are looking. I didn't start the thread, so I can't change the title sorry :)

Good to know testing is on going.

I have an MC Mix and MC Control connected to an apple router via ethernet. I have a mac book pro retina connected to that same router via Wi-Fi. I can see the controllers just fine, and the Mac is seen by the Eucon app. Everything binds properly, and I even see MC Control show Finder option buttons in its screen. The moment I startup PT 10, the MC Mix shuts off, the Eucon app hangs, and MC Control is non responsive. The MC Mix will not respond to power button unless I unplug it and plug it back in.

Pretty sucky behavior.

If you have a beta I can try out, please let me know.

R
Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 AM

I'm running EuControl_v2.6.2 in OS X 10.8 with no problems using Eucon enabled apps like Pro Tools 10 and Logic Pro 9. But I can't use Ableton live 8 because when I add it to the list using the Mackie Protocol it disappears after restart. In 10.7 changing the preferences folder permissions fixed that problem but not in 10.8. Is there a work around for this?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesn View Post
Comeon, Avid, everyone is waiting to hear if you have a software update planned in the works for this series of controllers. You've sold us some great hardware (Artist series) and poor quality software to go with it (Eucon). Networking issues, stability issues, Eucon has so many problems! You shouldn't keep so quiet about what's happening.
Cannot agree more! looking forward to see some improvement soon. I never thought we'd still be discussing compatibility or stability issues in 2012.

Tat P.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by soratach View Post
Cannot agree more! looking forward to see some improvement soon. I never thought we'd still be discussing compatibility or stability issues in 2012.

Tat P.
There are a LOT of people using EUCON and Artist Series, with a multiplicity of configurations. As I read through these posts I am recognizing a few voices full of anger directing discourse, often ignoring the advice, substantive and sagely perspective, and positive input from others.

We can work on EUCON features for EUCON aware apps who are actively developing for EUCON, or we can work on old protocols, hacking together APIs for a non developed legacy. I advocate for a EUCON that is more stable, faster, and more efficient. What do you think?

JC