Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 05:39 AM

Default Deleting hidden midi notes

I was having problems with a midi kick drum track which kept varying in volume and I found some greyed out / 'x'd out midi notes hidden under active notes. I didn't think they'd affect volume but I had to go through the whole track, lifting each active note and deleting any innactive ones that I found underneath.

I reckon there's a quicker way to do it. What do you think? And where would the hidden notes have come from?

Finally, I couldn't delete the innactive notes using the inverted pencil. I had to move the active note right out of the way, highlight the whole grid section with the selector tool and hit delete, then drag the active note back in. Pain in the butt.

Any ideas appreciated

PTLE 6.4. & 001
Old 11-25-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Deleting hidden midi notes

Quote:
where would the hidden notes have come from?
Good question!
Quote:
I had to move the active note right out of the way, highlight the whole grid section with the selector tool and hit delete, then drag the active note back in.
Your lucky you were able to do that, I've had to chuck whole sessions because of this. And sorry there seems to be no resolution at the present moment.

filosofem