Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2014, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Arturia Vox Continental in P Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The updates were so the new authorization system (no more dongle or soft elicenser anymore) can be used. Some of the synths may have other bug fix updates as well.
That's incorrect. Previous V4 plugs used the new authorization system so this is not new. After 60 seconds of searching I found that these have been updated with a slew of bug fixes across the board. Good job, Arturia!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
That's incorrect. Previous V4 plugs used the new authorization system so this is not new. After 60 seconds of searching I found that these have been updated with a slew of bug fixes across the board. Good job, Arturia!
Actually you are not quite wrong or right. In my case I had three of the old authorization synths (Moog Modular, Moog Mini and the CS80). When I downloaded and installed the ASC it asked me to update my plugins so I could use the new authorization system. And I got that when I downloaded the V Collection 4 demo. The V Collection 4 is relatively new. As to the ASC system - that I don't know exactly how new that is but my first exposure to that was with the V Collection 4.

QAPLA!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:25 PM

That's just too funny! A mistake is a pill too hard to swallow, eh? I'm very curious to know precisely what it is about my post: 'all of V4 uses the new authorization architecture' that's "not quite right," as you found it necessary to proclaim, and what it is about your initial statement, "the updates were so the new authorization system (no more dongle or soft elicenser anymore) can be used," that isn't 100% wrong. I'd asked, succinctly, what was changed in this latest update and after a quick search I found that it was bug fixes - nothing whatsoever related to authorizations. In a thread where you're hounding other people over semantics - rudely saying "get with it" - I must suggest that you cease calling kettles black.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Actually you are not quite wrong or right. In my case I had three of the old authorization synths (Moog Modular, Moog Mini and the CS80). When I downloaded and installed the ASC it asked me to update my plugins so I could use the new authorization system. And I got that when I downloaded the V Collection 4 demo. The V Collection 4 is relatively new. As to the ASC system - that I don't know exactly how new that is but my first exposure to that was with the V Collection 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
That's just too funny! A mistake is a pill too hard to swallow, eh? I'm very curious to know precisely what it is about my post: 'all of V4 uses the new authorization architecture' that's "not quite right," as you found it necessary to proclaim, and what it is about your initial statement, "the updates were so the new authorization system (no more dongle or soft elicenser anymore) can be used," that isn't 100% wrong. I'd asked, succinctly, what was changed in this latest update and after a quick search I found that it was bug fixes - nothing whatsoever related to authorizations. In a thread where you're hounding other people over semantics - rudely saying "get with it" - I must suggest that you cease calling kettles black.
If you go back and re-read what I wrote above you will see that I wrote "in MY case" about the updates being so the new authorization system could be used. You will also see that I never questioned your assertion that "all of V4 uses the new authorization architecture".

You will further see that I wrote that I didn't know how new the ASC system was. Maybe you could point out which update actually did bring about the new authorization system hmm? Enlighten me please.

Anyways, despite your tone may I wish you and everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe one as well.

QAPLA!
Old 12-28-2014, 06:57 PM

Don't "lob" anything at me mate. I was asking a purely technical question and provided an answer. I don't use "hacked" software, so therefore something *was* enabling Pro Tools to read the VSTs even before I used the FXpansion wrapper. No idea what though.

Quote:
You are confusing things. Wrapping plugins is one thing and the poster (briaboy) claims he's both wrapped vst plugins for use in PT and also he supposedly has vst plugins running natively (unwrapped) in PT10 and earlier. And this is also completely different than PT10 not being supported in Mavericks. PT10 as you noted runs in Mavericks.

Nobody is questioning using the fxpansion wrapper to wrap vst plugins to run in PT. What is being questioned, and you missed it, is the ability to run vst plugins without first being wrapped (or using Blue Cat MB7-2 or Patchwork).

I never said you were running hacked (cracked is different) software. That was lobbed at briaboy. That would be the only way to 'natively' run vst's in PT any version.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briaboy View Post
Don't "lob" anything at me mate. I was asking a purely technical question and provided an answer. I don't use "hacked" software, so therefore something *was* enabling Pro Tools to read the VSTs even before I used the FXpansion wrapper. No idea what though.
Lob is a figure of speech. I could have used another word but that was the first one that came to mind.

Did you use another wrapper maybe? I believe there was another besides the fxpansion one but don't remember the developer. You had to have done something to allow PT to use your vst format plugins because as has been said many times: PT cannot not, never has and never will run vst format plugins on it's own without some kind of third party assistance.

QAPLA!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:20 PM

That is absolutely true. Pro Tools simply can't run VST plugins in any way other than with a wrapper of some sort. Just do a search on this topic and you will find that it is an absolute fact.