Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 AM

Default Plugin installer?

If and when I accidently delete a plugin or plugins, which can happen sometimes, I have read advice here that they can be re installed by using the installer feature. Pardon my ignorance but how do I find the plug in installer and how do I use it ? Advice please. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Pugin istaller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
If and when I accidently delete a plugin or plugins, which can happen sometimes, I have read advice here that they can be re installed by using the installer feature. Pardon my ignorance but how do I find the plug in installer and how do I use it ? Advice please. Thanks.
Need more info from you. What plugins are you talking about? Avid, third party or both? Where did you delete the plugins from? If Avid and you're talking about the effects those re-install upon every startup I believe. The instruments are a separate download from your Avid account and are different for PT10 and PT11. For third party you need to go to that developer and download the plugin installer.

QAPLA!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 AM

Thanks musicman691. I'm referring to Pro Tools RTAS and third party. I'm on Pro Tools 9, Win 7, 32 bit. The plugins were deleted when I trashed preferences by following instructions from a You tube video. Unfortunately some of my plugins were in the DAE folder which was deleted! I have since found that the DAE folder contains a sub folder and, according to Sweetwater tech support, is the folder that I should have deleted! Now I find that the sub folder, DAE prefs., also contains some plugins! What I need is for someone to explain this conundrum and hopefully tell me how to solve it.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Thanks musicman691. I'm referring to Pro Tools RTAS and third party. I'm on Pro Tools 9, Win 7, 32 bit. The plugins were deleted when I trashed preferences by following instructions from a You tube video. Unfortunately some of my plugins were in the DAE folder which was deleted! I have since found that the DAE folder contains a sub folder and, according to Sweetwater tech support, is the folder that I should have deleted! Now I find that the sub folder, DAE prefs., also contains some plugins! What I need is for someone to explain this conundrum and hopefully tell me how to solve it.
This is why you can never give too much info when asking a question. Sorry I can't help you with this.

QAPLA!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:27 AM

This is why you can never give too much info when asking a question. Sorry I can't help you with this. ???
musicman691, I'm confused by this reply! I think I supplied all the information that I have at my disposal. Please elaborate. Thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
This is why you can never give too much info when asking a question. Sorry I can't help you with this. ???
musicman691, I'm confused by this reply! I think I supplied all the information that I have at my disposal. Please elaborate. Thanks
Your initial post left a lot unknown which was later given in your second post. What I was trying to get at was if you had written in your initial post what you had in your second then a better answer could be given. You gave NO info on what plugins or circumstances this happened on initially. No system info, PT version, etc.

QAPLA!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
In Pro Tools 9, all of the core (free) plug-ins are installed by the Pro Tools 9 installer. If you purchased a downloadable version, check your Avid account for the full Pro Tools 9 installer. If you have the DVD installer, run that, then the latest update for Pro Tools 9.

For the individual plug-ins that you purchased or own, check here:
Audio Plug-ins Finder at www.avid.com/plugins

Go to the individual product pages, and you should find the RTAS version installers at the bottom of each product.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:39 AM

Sorry musicman691. I know that sometimes we learners try the patience of you pros but it's unintentional. Knowing the right questions to ask is a good rule to go by but knowing how to ask those questions is still a matter of how much a person already knows! In my case that is the reason I didn't supply adequate info for you to supply adequate solutions.
I'll try to fill in the blanks the more I learn. Thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Sorry musicman691. I know that sometimes we learners try the patience of you pros but it's unintentional. Knowing the right questions to ask is a good rule to go by but knowing how to ask those questions is still a matter of how much a person already knows! In my case that is the reason I didn't supply adequate info for you to supply adequate solutions.
I'll try to fill in the blanks the more I learn. Thanks
It's just simple logic really - without enough info one can't answer a question. You've been around these forums long enough to know system info is good to know as well as exactly what is happening. It's not a matter of being a 'pro' or not and it's not a matter of patience on our part, As is often said we're not mind readers here.

QAPLA!