Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 07-10-2018, 03:05 PM

Default Soundbase Catalog "rebuilding" every time?

Late 2016 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar with all available BTO upgrades, High Sierra 10.13.5, Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4.0.

I created a Catalog in a Soundbase Workspace that includes all my sound effects from various folders. It contains just under 30,000 files.

Every time I open a new Soundbase window and click on the catalog, it repopulates the list the same way it did the first time, seemingly creating an index from scratch each time. It takes several minutes to complete and pushes the machine to full-fan stress.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to save an index that only gets updated when something changes so it doesn't have to scan every single file each time I open a Workspace window?

Last edited by V5V; 07-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Soundbase Catalog "rebuilding" every time?

I too would like to know if there is a better way of Pro Tools indexing all of my samples just once and not have to reload them every time I close and re-open Pro Tools.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 08-06-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
I too would like to know if there is a better way of Pro Tools indexing all of my samples just once and not have to reload them every time I close and re-open Pro Tools.
I'm still working with Avid support on this. They said to use a Default Workspace Window instead of a Soundbase window. I've tried that and it still "rebuilds" the list every time I click on a folder. After the catalog populates all ~30,000 files it will allow me to search that folder without a problem. However, if I click on another folder on the left, it will take time to build the list for that folder, too. When I go back to the Catalog, it rebuilds that list again.

I'll post again if there's any progress.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V5V View Post
They said to use a Default Workspace Window instead of a Soundbase window.
The reason why I don't use the Default Workspace is because I literally have to keep opening the folder within folder for it to show the Audio files, whereas clicking on my main samples folder in the soundbase window shows all Audio files.

Yes, please do share any updates, I would appreciate it. I will contact Avid on this too as soon as I have some time.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii