Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 02-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Avid

Default Re: Start key problems

No update necessarily - we're keeping an eye on this, but if it's a hardware issue with particular keyboards there may not be a whole lot that we can do about it. We would have to investigate why particular keyboards have the issue and see if there's any way to work around it.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:48 PM

Happens sometimes for me also. This on my LE setup, though, with the keyboard shipped with the Dell 5150C.

Regards,
John
Hajp AB

old site:
Soundfactory JPR
Old 02-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Avid

Default Re: unofficial \"Problems with PT7\" thread

Quote:
Really annoying thing is happening to me on 7.1 cs2:
When doing excessive editing to audio regions (groupped or ungroupped) at some point after applying a crossfade between regions using Ctrl+F or just F key shortcut - ProTools freeses. I need to reset the computer every time this happens. It might be that I accidently press F few times that causes PT to freese but it shouldnt freese.
I'll apply the CS3 update when I get a chance but most likely it wont fix the broblem.
CS4 is what fixes this problem.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Avid

Default Re: Disk allocation option

Quote:
It becomes more an more annoying and sometimes even causes problems:
Most of the time I do remember to configure disk allocation settings right after creating a new session, but there are times I forget and than huge mess happens. PT spreads recorded audio files all over plugged harddrives and what's worse - in some cases into "Audio Files" folder of previous opened session. HUGE mess that takes a long time to clean!
Why not add a " "Disk allocation" option in "Create a session" dialog? That would remind us of these setting right from the beginning.
Please DIGI!
Pro Tools should only be spreading audio files across multiple drives if you have 'Round Robin' allocation checked in the Disk Allocation window. Uncheck that and Pro Tools will put all audio recorded in the session into the audio files folder for the session.

Also - a quick way around the 'HUGE mess' that won't take a long time is to do a 'Save Session Copy In' and choose the option to copy all audio files. This will consolidate all the audio files for the session into a new Audio Files folder that will be in the new location that you save the session copy in.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Pro Tools should only be spreading audio files across multiple drives if you have 'Round Robin' allocation checked in the Disk Allocation window. Uncheck that and Pro Tools will put all audio recorded in the session into the audio files folder for the session.
The thing is that I never use the "Round Robin" feature, I still get the mess if I forget to specify allocate settings. It'd still be nice to be able to set it when creating a session.
I'll remember to use "Save session copy" option next time.
Thanks!
Old 02-26-2006, 01:32 PM

Anyone having ISSUES WITH METER CHANGES used in conjunction with Identify beat ??

The linked thread was created on an HD III Accel XP - PTHD 7

In the linked file, in that post... I can not "Get rid" of both Meter changes, following the initial Meter change, (Which should be the 1 and only for the session)

I can only set the start time for all 3 markers, at the same time, which is really a "Workaround" not a fix.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 02-28-2006, 08:37 AM

We have 4 HD2 & 1 HD4 Systems and all show the same very annoying "Start Menu" behavior as mentioned above and in greater detail the LE on XP forum:
7.1cs4 / XW8000 / Magma 7 slot / XP sp2 / V10 / PT custom keyboard all recently freshly re-installed by our Digi Dealer (SMM in Germany)
I waited for cs4 in the hope that such improvements had been dealt with - please change it back to how it used to be!
If you need more details just let me know
Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 06:29 PM

We think we have reproduced the "Start" key problem. Amazingly enough, it only happens on one system we know of at Digidesign, but it's the same thing you're seeing, we believe.

It may take a bit to get this fixed, because since the Start key touches so many areas, we need to make sure the fix doesn't break something else.

We realize this is quite understandably trying your patience, but rest assured, we're working on it.

Danny Caccavo
Product Manager
Digidesign
Old 05-02-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Dual-monitor setup maximizing trick

Quote:
Here's a trick I just discovered!!!

On a dual screen setup stretch the window as you like it to be (I usually stretch so the edges are not visible) and close ProTools like this(!):
On taskbar right-click the PT7 bar and choose Close from there. Start PT7 again and it is stretched over both screens!! AND it remembers YOUR stretch settings, if you've set the edges not to be visible it will be the same next time you launch PT!
Please, confirm that it works for you as well.
DIGI - please fix it so it remembers OUR settings after closing it from any close options!
Nope, doesn't work. I use a dual monitor setup in a "primary monitor right" configuration. I'm assuming most of you guys use it in a "primary monitor left" config.

I [bleep] hate you Digi, for [bleep] this up.