Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM

Default PT9, Eleven Rack and Apogee Duet

I also posted this in the PT9 forum:

I have been using Logic with an Apogee Duet for the last couple of years, but have a Eleven Rack inbound which, I believe, comes bundled with PT8.

After searching and scanning the Duc, my question is if I upgrade to PT9, can I use my Duet as my interface, and record the 11R using USB?

I believe I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the low latency monitoring with the 11R (Duet as interface), and if I have to mute the tracks to track without latency, how will I hear myself?

Also, the Apogee website says the Duet cannot be used as part of an aggregate device.

Also, does ADC work with the Duet?

Thanks,
Vince
Old 01-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Avid

Default Re: PT9, Eleven Rack and Apogee Duet

You can only record Eleven Rack audio via USB if it is the primary interface; however, you can run your Duet as the main interface with Pro Tools 9, but you'd need to connect Eleven Rack's main outs to the Line Ins on the Duet to get audio through. Pro Tools 9 does make it pretty easy to change interfaces, so you could switch to Eleven Rack when recording your guitars or re-amping.

You will get the Guitar Window if you're running PT 9 and have Eleven Rack connected via USB.

The 'Aggregate Device' is only meant to encompass the built-in I/O on the Mac...adding a HW device to the Aggregate device isn't intended to work.

As far as ADC with the Duet, you've stumped me there...the Pro Tools 9 forum should be able to answer that (or ask Benoni....he knows everything).
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Default Re: PT9, Eleven Rack and Apogee Duet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChimp View Post
You can only record Eleven Rack audio via USB if it is the primary interface; however, you can run your Duet as the main interface with Pro Tools 9, but you'd need to connect Eleven Rack's main outs to the Line Ins on the Duet to get audio through. Pro Tools 9 does make it pretty easy to change interfaces, so you could switch to Eleven Rack when recording your guitars or re-amping.

You will get the Guitar Window if you're running PT 9 and have Eleven Rack connected via USB.

The 'Aggregate Device' is only meant to encompass the built-in I/O on the Mac...adding a HW device to the Aggregate device isn't intended to work.

As far as ADC with the Duet, you've stumped me there...the Pro Tools 9 forum should be able to answer that (or ask Benoni....he knows everything).
Thanks Chimp!

If I switch to Eleven Rack as my audio device to track guitars, I would either have to use the headphone out on 11R as I don't have a mixer, or reconnect my monitors between the 2 devices = PITA.

I'll probably do as you suggested and run the Eleven Rack through the Duet; if I have the option to change the tones later, I'm always tweaking and never seem to commit to calling a song finished!

I'll change the interface to the 11R for tweaking and saving tones.

Another poster on the PT 9 forum confirmed that ADC works with the Duet so that's cool.

Vince