Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-29-2019, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Suddenly PT won't load Plug-Ins because not valid 64-bit

I did an Apple security update and now have this issue with some of my non iLok autherized plugins. This is a big deal. 2 effected plugs for me are Sonarworks and Nugen VIslm2. They are critical to my workflow.

I uninstalled and reinstalled plugs/PT and nothing works. Booted from my most recent clone and everything works.

Mac Pro 5,1 / 10.12.6 / Ultimate 2019.6
Old 09-29-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaP View Post
I did an Apple security update and now have this issue with some of my non iLok autherized plugins. This is a big deal. 2 effected plugs for me are Sonarworks and Nugen VIslm2. They are critical to my workflow.

I uninstalled and reinstalled plugs/PT and nothing works. Booted from my most recent clone and everything works.

Mac Pro 5,1 / 10.12.6 / Ultimate 2019.6
Something is going on with 10.12 versions of macOS. Easiest solution is upgrade to 10.13.6
Old 09-29-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Easiest solution is upgrade to 10.13.6
Yes, this is the solution I have heard most often so why not
Old 09-29-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Something is going on with 10.12 versions of macOS. Easiest solution is upgrade to 10.13.6
We have a similar system. How are you finding high Sierra with your Mac Pro? Any issues with the nvidea web driver?
Old 09-29-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaP View Post
We have a similar system. How are you finding high Sierra with your Mac Pro? Any issues with the nvidea web driver?
No problems. Solid as a rock including supporting a 4k screen (among many screens.) Been on it in this current setup through quite a few film/tv projects now.

The only issue I've had is with colours but that has to do with colour calibration on the multiple screens -- Xrite hardware calibrated) and the recent version of DADman not liking non-RGB profiles (older versions had no issue.) But I'm working with them and they're interested in fixing this issue (has to do with wide gamut) so temporarily have changed colour profile setups. This (non-RGB) had affected seeing highlighted areas in Pro Tools text entry fields as well. Currently my main edit screen is in RGB mode while my main video picture screen is staying calibrated. The first issue DADman/DAD know about. The second issue is a recent development that could be linked to High Sierra or the nVidia Web Driver (they auto update together.) But nothing I'm really thinking about on the day-to-day since everything works after the colour profile change.

My guess is I'm part of a really small subset who would run into this. Apple's general profiles for screens are RGB.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
No problems. Solid as a rock including supporting a 4k screen (among many screens.) Been on it in this current setup through quite a few film/tv projects now.

The only issue I've had is with colours but that has to do with colour calibration on the multiple screens -- Xrite hardware calibrated) and the recent version of DADman not liking non-RGB profiles (older versions had no issue.) But I'm working with them and they're interested in fixing this issue (has to do with wide gamut) so temporarily have changed colour profile setups. This (non-RGB) had affected seeing highlighted areas in Pro Tools text entry fields as well. Currently my main edit screen is in RGB mode while my main video picture screen is staying calibrated. The first issue DADman/DAD know about. The second issue is a recent development that could be linked to High Sierra or the nVidia Web Driver (they auto update together.) But nothing I'm really thinking about on the day-to-day since everything works after the colour profile change.

My guess is I'm part of a really small subset who would run into this. Apple's general profiles for screens are RGB.
That’s really good to hear. I know there were some major web driver issues when high Sierra was first released, but I guess that was 2 years ago now. Have you done the most recent security update?
Old 09-30-2019, 07:21 AM

I'd like to chime in on this thread. I'm on El Capitan, with Pro Tools 12.7.1 and experienced the same issue with Sonarworks weeks ago. Sonarworks can't seem to help me out and AVID is claiming this is a IOS 13 thing even though I started seeing the problem weeks earlier. I paid for a service ticket, and no one has even bothered to ask for logs. They just keep on saying this is a known issue. Has anyone reported this problem with OS 10.11.6 ? Upgrading my OS means I also have to upgrade my version of PT forcing to a yearly subscription of PT. All of plugs Waves, UAD, IZotope, work fine, just Sonarworks seems to to be the issue. I typically ignore updates on my OS as Apple has a tendency to cause incompatibilities with already running software.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:30 AM

I have an open tkt with Avid and Sonarworks. Neither seems to truly know what’s going on and the only fix I’ve gotten was to update to High Sierra (which I’d rather not do).

I did the iOS 13 update a week ago with no issues. Did a security update yesterday and got this problem. Unfortunately in my experience when apple breaks something it takes Avid a very long time to fix it (if ever).
Old 09-30-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.r.banville View Post
Upgrading my OS means I also have to upgrade my version of PT forcing to a yearly subscription of PT.
Hi, welcome to the community.

No, you could still use PT 12.7.1 with macOS 10.12.2 (supported) and very likely latest Sierra update as well. In fact I would recommend you take this upgrade when you have time to do so, because ElCrap is notoriously bad version of macOS
Old 09-30-2019, 07:41 AM

Thank you very much for the advise. I think I'll do that tonight.