Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 01:14 PM

Default How I got Waves 3.5 To Install

I had some of the same trouble installing the new Waves 3.5 up-dates as several others here on the DUC, and Waves Support walked me through on how to do it. Here's what he had me do:
1- Go to the C drive, Open Waves folder, Open Plug-ins folder, and then copy the plug-in settings folder that is inside of the Plug-ins folder on to the desk top.
2- Back up to the main Waves folder and drag it to the trash, then empty trash.
3- Go to control panel, and select add/remove programs and remove all Waves programs.
4- Install the down-loaded 3.5 versions.
5- He had me instal the Gold first, then the Masters, then the Ren Collection, in that order, then restart.
6- Once the computer is restarted, go back to C drive. Waves, Open the Plug-ins folder, and then put the copied plug-in settings folder back in to the Plug-ins folder.
7- Open a new session, so Pro-Tools can read all of the plug-ins. Close session. Done.

The only snag that I had was I lost some L1 settings - no big deal. Other than that, it worked like a charm. Hope that helps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2002, 08:01 AM

Default Re: How I got Waves 3.5 To Install

Finalcut:Thank you for your help.
I followed your steps and the result is that in Audiosuite all run correctly but in RTAS there are still errors -7401.
The strange thing is that some plugins opens up (RTAS) in a mono track but not in stereo track for example:
Q10 opens up in mono track but not in stereo track and the the same thing happens with others.
Another observation is that in RTAS some waves is double in the list (renaissance eq,,L2)and open up really slow in the pc.
PLs if you can help me I will thank it to you.
I am becoming crazy and I need to be able to solve this problem.
In waves I have not still had answer some,
Any advice will be of help ..
thanks a lot
Old 07-03-2002, 06:02 PM

Default Re: How I got Waves 3.5 To Install

I sure wish that I could help you out on this. At this point I would say that you need to call Waves Tech Support. They were very helpful to me.
And as far as you going crazy goes - I've been that way my whole life!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]