Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Exclamation Mbox 2 with (LE) playback at higher speed and pitch

Hi guys,

I currently have an Mbox2 that i used to use with Pro Tools LE 6.8, before upgrading my mac to OSx 10.5, which did not work with 6.8, so i had to by a Mbox micro and 7.4 software, to get software that would work - since I have been able to record guitar (through di) and vocals (through xlr) in real time, sounding fine and then upon playback in the edit window, the audio would sound in time but at at least twice the speed and a much higher pitch - digi tech support have no ideas really, we tested the mbox 2 by moving software onto my PC laptop and same problem with playback - imported wav audio is fine.

Has anyone encountered this problem? I am aware it is rather specific, but as a student I can't afford to spend any money without being sure its the best thing for my recording, any advice would be really appreciated :)

Rich

ps I have upgraded the 7.4 software to 8.0 and it still is responding the same!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 with (LE) playback at higher speed and pitch

I'm sure DigitechSupport have been through this already but you don't have a session sample rate issue do you?

I would try this: (I'm going to assume all your sessions were recorded at 44.1KHz)
Create a brand new session with the same sample rate (44.1KHz), import new audio and select some of the recorded "bad" audio from your original session. See what sample rate it believes the audio is. If it's different, let it convert and see if it then plays OK. If so perhaps your MBox2 is stuck on recording at a sample rate of 88.2 or 96 rather than changing to whatever the session is set to as it should.
If that's the case, it'd be a hardware repair.

If the "bad" audio is reprting as being 44.1KHz so imports without converting but still sounds bad then perhaps the MBox2 is still at fault but as Pro Tools gets the audio it believes it's at 44.1KHz so it just plays back fast.
To confirm this, open new sessions at both 88.2 and 96KHz and try importing again, unselecting the "convert audio" option. You'll probably get some warning, choose to ignore. Try playing back now, if one of these plays back spot on you'll know what's going on.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 with (LE) playback at higher speed and pitch

thanks very much for your help, im thinking its most likely to be a hardware problem, but i will try importing the bad audio like you suggested, cheers :)