Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 03:04 AM

Default DV Toolkit Installation for Mac Intel.

I'm at a loss. I can't seem to install the DV Toolkit 2 option with my Mbox. I've reinstalled from scratch, with 7.1.1 for Intel on my Mac Pro, and DV Toolkit2 is not an option! I've got my Ilok working fine, as it registers Digitranslator, and Ilok.com says the DVToolkit 2 is registered. Please HELP!

Old 11-23-2006, 04:35 AM

Default Re: DV Toolkit Installation for Mac Intel.

You need to download the DV Toolkit 2 installer for Intel Macs.
It doesn't come on the ProTools disk or the distributed DVToolKit2 disk at this time.

Here's the link

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...1&itemid=22949

It used to be accessable off the download page for Intel Mac installers but has been removed.
I can only hope this means they are releasing a new version as DVToolkit 2 for Intel Macs has a bug in the Digitranslator2 component causing the import and export of embedded OMFs not to function correctly.

Digi have indicated it is slated for a fix in an upcoming release but I've been waiting for a couple of months now for the fix.

The rest of DV Toolkit works well though.

PS you can install the TL Space impulses off the disk that came with DV Toolkit as they are compatible with Intel Macs but you need to download the TL Space installer separately.

Regards
New Hope Media
Old 11-23-2006, 04:58 AM

Thankyou so much! my hair will grow back slowly....
Old 11-30-2006, 04:38 AM

I notice the Intel Mac compatibility blurb is front and centre on the Digidesign website again.

Does this mean a fix for Digitranslator and Signal Tools on Intel Macs is about to be released or is Digi still hiding its head in the sand on this one?

This problem has gone on too long, the fix needs to come soon, even just a CS update, because the inability to import or export embedded OMFs on Intel macs is a joke!

New Hope Media

Old 11-30-2006, 05:54 PM

I've just fired up my Intel Mac and attempted an OMF import with DV Toolkit 2 and see that it doesn't work! Where does the info regarding this issue live? Tried the same OMF on the Mac machine, and works fine...
Thanks,
Michael
Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 AM

"Where does the info regarding this issue live?"

Well nowhere that Digi admit to on their website or the moderators of this forum will even respond to here either.

What you have to understand is that Digi NEVER admits to having a problem publicly until it 'thinks' it has it solved and can release an update. Hence you won't see any official reply on this thread just frustrated users like me who keep pushing the issue.

I have lodged tech support emails and get wonderful half english replies from Asia Pacific Tech Support indicating it's a known bug and asking me to be 'patient' and wait for a fix to be released. Well I've been patient for three months now and, although in that time a 'cs' update for ProTools was released, PT 7.1.1cs2, it didn't fix the embedded OMF bug.

Digi engineers better be building the better mouse trap as well as giving us a version of LE that does timecode and 5.1 mixes without the need for additional software because if their taking all this time to fix this bug then they need to get off their fat arses and find a real job

If this was any other consumer product they would have been in court and paying compensation for supplying faulty software and at the same time false advertising on their webste.

Intel Mac compatible my arse!!!

a very disgruntled

New Hope Media
Old 12-01-2006, 09:23 AM

OK, So I talked to tech support earlier and tried the PT LE 7.1.1cs2 update, and I am able to successfully open-up an embedded OMF on my Intel mac, (2.16 core 2 duo). Haven't tried an export yet, at least I'm able to get to work!!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 PM

"OK, So I talked to tech support earlier ..."

Nice to be in a country where you can talk to Digi Tech support.... I have to wait days, sometimes weeks to get a very Japanese version of English as a reply to my tech support emails.

I'm not xenophobic, my family background includes 3 non-english speaking cultures including one asian but I'd like not to have to translate my tech support.

In addition I'm not being offered any advice other than to wait and until now I've been extremely polite about it all but have been waiting since late August.

I am losing my patience.

You mentioned that embedded OMF import did work. What did your local US Tech support tell you because, even with PT7.1.1cs2 installed, I'm still getting nowhere on importing.

When I try to import it places the first region's, on track 1, audio in every region.

If I reboot into Windows XP using Boot Camp and import the same OMF it works correctly.

What do I need to do to get the import half working in OSX (Intel)?

Embedded OMF export is still a dud unless I reboot into Windows and export in that O/S.

Regards

New Hope media
Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 PM

I have just reinstalled, and confirmed I have PT7.1.1cs2 running. Digitranslator 2 is installed courtesy of DV Toolkit 2

I tried importing an embedded OMF, which I have succesfully imported under Windows XP, and again it imports and places the audio from the first region in every region, in this case the countdown pips.

How did you get embedded OMF import to work?

Regards

New Hope Media
Old 12-01-2006, 04:24 PM

Stephen, Are you core 2 duo or Xeon? Maybe this is the difference, I'm on core 2 duo. Once I updated to cs2 the import worked fine. Previously the OMF would open up, but not re-link the files.