Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 PM

Default Plug in help

Thought I'd ask this here since this forum seems to be a lot more active and helpful that native instruments forums in which if I ask a question it will get 500 views before anyone answers...

But I've finally got pro tools 11 working, optimized and all that good fun stuff, and am trying to learn some of the basics, doing a lot of reading, forum cruising, and YouTube watching. One thing I can't figure out is how I can get the Komplete 9 plugins to show up in pro tools.

From what I've read, Komplete 9 will work with PT11 since you can download them as VSTS, RTAS, and AAX, correct? When I installed Komplete 9 I did a full install, I have them as stand alone VSTS and can run them in FL Studio 11.

But when I open pro tools, add an instrument track then try to insert, say Massive synth, I can't find it. The stuff that comes with PT 11 is there, EQ, Dynamics, etc etc plugins are there and I can put those in just fine.(Still haven't installed the Air Creative Collection).

So any clue as to what I can do? Do I need to drop the Native instrument files into some pro tools files? I'd very much like to avoid reinstalling Komplete 9 as it takes what seems to be forever.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Plug in help

Bare in mind AAX comes in both 32 & 64bit format. Pro Tools 11 must have AAX64bit plugins to work.

There is still a significant number of third party manufacturers that have yet to port their plugins to AAX64bit format. I don't use Komplete so I'm not sure whether or not that NI stuff is ready for PT11.
If it is, make sure you download the right version.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

From the NI website:
AAX COMPATIBILITY
Quote:
AAX COMPATIBILITY

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS PRODUCTS AND AVID AUDIO EXTENSION

NI products are currently not compatible with Pro Tools 11 and its new AAX 2 plug-in interface. Native Instruments is working with Avid to enable support for this platform as soon as possible. This page will be updated with new information whenever it becomes available.

Native Instruments provides AAX 32-bit versions for Pro Tools 10 with all currently available KOMPLETE products. AAX 32-bit plug-ins will not appear in the plug-in list of Pro Tools 11.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councillor View Post
Thought I'd ask this here since this forum seems to be a lot more active and helpful that native instruments forums in which if I ask a question it will get 500 views before anyone answers...

But I've finally got pro tools 11 working, optimized and all that good fun stuff, and am trying to learn some of the basics, doing a lot of reading, forum cruising, and YouTube watching. One thing I can't figure out is how I can get the Komplete 9 plugins to show up in pro tools.

From what I've read, Komplete 9 will work with PT11 since you can download them as VSTS, RTAS, and AAX, correct? When I installed Komplete 9 I did a full install, I have them as stand alone VSTS and can run them in FL Studio 11.

But when I open pro tools, add an instrument track then try to insert, say Massive synth, I can't find it. The stuff that comes with PT 11 is there, EQ, Dynamics, etc etc plugins are there and I can put those in just fine.(Still haven't installed the Air Creative Collection).

So any clue as to what I can do? Do I need to drop the Native instrument files into some pro tools files? I'd very much like to avoid reinstalling Komplete 9 as it takes what seems to be forever.
Unfortunately you're not going to be able to use anything from NI in PT11 because NI's current implementation of aax is aax 32 bit which won't work in PT11. But aax 32 bit plugs WILL work in PT10 which you also have a license asset for. You'll need either PT 10.3.6 or 10.3.7 for a co-install.

The only info I get from the NI forums is from Magic Dragon who is not NI but is a beta tester for them and he says NI is working on aax 64 bit but won't say if/when it'll be released.

QAPLA!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:05 PM

Appreciate all the information, before I install Pro Tools 10 though, would it be possible, or even worth it to rewire FL Studio 11 through Pro Tools 11 and use the VSTs I have in FL Studio, such as all of the Komplete 9 bundle?

Not 100% sure how to use rewire, I just know there is a rewire system with FL Studio, and I've bookmarked a couple different videos and pages on the subject, but won't really have time to go in and study up on it for a few days..

It's still something I'm going to read up on regardless, but will rewiring FL Studio with PT11, or PT11 with FL studio 11 (Not sure what the correct way to put that is?) work?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councillor View Post
Appreciate all the information, before I install Pro Tools 10 though, would it be possible, or even worth it to rewire FL Studio 11 through Pro Tools 11 and use the VSTs I have in FL Studio, such as all of the Komplete 9 bundle?

Not 100% sure how to use rewire, I just know there is a rewire system with FL Studio, and I've bookmarked a couple different videos and pages on the subject, but won't really have time to go in and study up on it for a few days..

It's still something I'm going to read up on regardless, but will rewiring FL Studio with PT11, or PT11 with FL studio 11 (Not sure what the correct way to put that is?) work?
There are a lot of hair pulling before you will realize it won't work and there are several posts here on the forum with people who have been having spent days to get this working .. We gave up and bought Reaper 64bit and that worked straight away. Not saying it won't work for you but it seems like the two don't mesh well..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-12-2013, 06:17 PM

Just watched a video on rewiring reaper through Pro tools and it looks pretty straight forward to set up and record the tracks so I think I'll go ahead and purchase Reaper..

Thanks again for all the info
Old 09-21-2013, 08:22 PM

I've never been able to import any of the plug ins in MP9 except the few that are in the mix window, it comes with many but I have never been able to access them
Old 09-22-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squanto View Post
I've never been able to import any of the plug ins in MP9 except the few that are in the mix window, it comes with many but I have never been able to access them
We need a LOT more info before we can answer. Like what your computer setup is (Mac/Windows, operating version, etc.) and a better detailed description of exactly what you're trying to do. Like where are you trying to import the MP9 plugins into? If you're talking about trying to use them in PT11 then they have to have aax 64 bit support and unless updates those old plugins won't have that.

QAPLA!