Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-14-2014, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Sampletank 3 pre-order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoBali View Post
Im actually happy to pay the $99.00 , and thats JUST for the new GUI alone

... ,,, as the old ST2 GUI was so unusable to me unless I had my huge magnifying glass nearby to view the ST2 font and numerics readouts - and that was with my coke bottle reading glasses on
Problem with comparing new versus old guis is that we don't have a real size for ST3 but having what looks like a less cluttered gui should help, even if the overall size is the same as ST2.

Also interesting for the upgrade is you don't have to have a previous version of Sampletank. Apparently there's a cross-grade for those that have Amplitube as well.

There are some sounds I have in ST2 that even though I have the particular instrument covered in other libraries (some brass for instance) what's available in ST gives me the sound I need. Hopefully it's a import for the old Sonic Reality stuff.

QAPLA!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:05 AM

There's a lot of demo of the instruments on soundcloud. I've been able to take a listen, not really impressed by this library once again. But as a complementary library where you can use it to fatten an other library it can do the job. And at 99$ eh not to worry about it

Wave-T.com
Old 06-14-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
There's a lot of demo of the instruments on soundcloud. I've been able to take a listen, not really impressed by this library once again. But as a complementary library where you can use it to fatten an other library it can do the job. And at 99$ eh not to worry about it
The soundcloud demos aren't that great as you're at the mercy of whomever put together the demo and how they used the sounds. But I and others have waited far too long for this - pulled the trigger this morning direct from IK. I don't think this will show up at Audio Deluxe anytime soon until after the preorder period is over.

QAPLA!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 AM

Does anyone actually use Sampletank? I had around 7 or 8 years ago and found it pretty much useless. I could upgrade it pretty cheaply but I'm not sure it's worth it.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Jim View Post
Does anyone actually use Sampletank? I had around 7 or 8 years ago and found it pretty much useless. I could upgrade it pretty cheaply but I'm not sure it's worth it.
Yes, there's quite an active user base for the current version of SampleTank and Powered By SampleTank libraries and judging by the amount of interest and preorders for SampleTank 3 :)
Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I used it quite often up until PT11 dropped. There's a lot of things it can do no other sampler does as well or easily. The stretch engine is a godsend. It's also light on cpu usage as well as having a damn good sound. Not saying it's the best out there but still worth the money, especially if one has a bunch of extra libraries for it.

QAPLA!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:51 AM
IK Multimedia

To be clear, pricing and other details can be found here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109

Right now, we offer Preorder pricing at a very low price. JamPoints cannot be used during this very low pricing period but can be used during the Introductory pricing period (from release and 2 months after as stated in the link above). After that period, the normal pricing is in effect (also detailed at the link).

We have audio demos here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products...letank-3-audio (many performed by Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater)

Videos are here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products...letank-3-video (also many featuring Jordan Rudess, including some "building a track with SampleTank 3" videos)
Old 06-14-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Does anyone actually use Sampletank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
Yes, there's quite an active user base for the current version of SampleTank and Powered By SampleTank libraries and judging by the amount of interest and preorders for SampleTank 3 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
There's a lot of things it can do no other sampler does as well or easily. The stretch engine is a godsend. It's also light on cpu usage as well as having a damn good sound. Not saying it's the best out there but still worth the money, especially if one has a bunch of extra libraries for it.
Dollar for dollar it's a bargain. I'm looking forward to the new sounds.

One thing it did well was go light on the CPU when I loaded 5-10 MIDI channels of orchestral samples. It's not like a premium orchestral library but it was pretty good, considering value and everything else it does.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:

I have Independence, Komplete Ultimate, Mach 5, East West Choirs Gold and a good sized third party library of "Roms" for Kontakt, Engine and Mach V plus several soft synths; I still regularly load Miroslav and other IK instruments (namely Sonicsynth) during production because they sound good and have a small foot print.

Romplers are great! You can never have a enough of them!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:01 PM

Does anybody else ever get tired of buying the latest thing?

If it's not one thing it's another......
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.