Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2012, 04:49 AM

Exclamation M Powered 7.4 and Fast Track issue

Hey all.
I was recently given a copy of Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4, an iLok and a M-Audio Fast Track USB device from my Sound lecturer in college.

After installing everything properly from a fresh Win7 installation, everything was fine until I load up Pro Tools and get the error "Unable to locate M-Audio Hardware. Please check your hardware is turned on and restart Pro Tools"

I tried to do it on a fresh Windows XP installation, thinking this would help but still the same issue.

The thing is, the Fast Track is recognized in Windows and works fine with Reaper or as a playback device.

I've read all the posts here about people who had the same problem but I can't for the life of me find a solution, has anyone any ideas?

Could it just be that the Fast Track won't work with M-Powered software?

Thanks so much.

-----------------------------------------------

Attempted fixes: Everything from formatting 7 to installing XP on a new partition and still no joy. All drivers reinstalled and everything. Changed USB slots, turned off Power management on USB.

Recent changes: Installed on a clean install of 7 and XP and no joy.

Operating system: Tried on both Windows 7 32 Bit and XP SP3

System specs: M-Audio Fast Track, Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4, iLok
Old 04-23-2012, 05:42 AM

Maybe you should check if new audio drivers are available for your interface. Or just reinstall the drivers without the interface plugged in the usb port. Also, some usb devices shut off as a standard power saving method for many Pc computers. In the device manager you should make sure all the usb ports never turn off to save power consumption. I think your maudio fast track is compatible with pro tools le. So, probably an audio driver problem. Make sure the maudio interface is set to playback option in the sounds device properties.
Good luck.

Sent from Mikey's Super INSPIRE 4G....