Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2015, 03:54 PM

Default Venue S3L-X stage rack inputs as line?

Hi guys,

does anyone know if the inputs on the S3L-X can accept a line level input and if so, does it bypass the preamp itself or will it just go through a padded preamp stage?

I´m thinking of using it as a broadcast mix system that will accept outputs from another preamp system and I don´t want the pres to color the sound of the first preamps.

Any help will be much appreciated :)
Old 09-07-2015, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Venue S3L-X stage rack inputs as line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddipalli View Post
Hi guys,

does anyone know if the inputs on the S3L-X can accept a line level input and if so, does it bypass the preamp itself or will it just go through a padded preamp stage?

I´m thinking of using it as a broadcast mix system that will accept outputs from another preamp system and I don´t want the pres to color the sound of the first preamps.

Any help will be much appreciated :)
Not sure, but betting it's a pad not line input if you use stage box inputs. I would test it and use my ears to determine if it's good or bad for me. There are two line inputs on the surface if that makes any difference.
I do quite a bit of music broadcast work for our TV stations and producers are pleased, so I'm personally quite fine with the pre's in S3L. But that's just me of course. All the songs in this video gallery are recorded with S3L, the first one is promo for upcoming season, but the rest are musical performances. Same goes for this video of another show.