Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2003, 02:33 PM

Default what does ACIDIZED mean?

hello everyone,

so there are these cheap loop cd's that i want to buy and they are ACIDIZED. everytime i hear that word i think of PC's and not Macs. The guy who is selling them tells me they are 16 bit-44khz -wav.format. i know that i can use this in theory but the word ACIDIZED scares me. will i be able to import these loops into my 001?

thanks in advance

frankiejaxx
Old 05-20-2003, 03:42 PM

Default Re: what does ACIDIZED mean?

Acidized is a term used for loops which have tempo and pitch data attached to the file. This is how the program "Acid" reads the file and is able to mix different loops of different tempos to sync in the program.
They can be used in any program, 001 does not read the "acidized" part so it just gets impoted as a wav. file. You have to adjust tempos yourself with in PT. to match.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by djxodus:
Acidized is a term used for loops which have tempo and pitch data attached to the file. This is how the program "Acid" reads the file and is able to mix different loops of different tempos to sync in the program.
They can be used in any program, 001 does not read the "acidized" part so it just gets impoted as a wav. file. You have to adjust tempos yourself with in PT. to match.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks for your help!!!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 03:46 PM

I don't know about 'importing them into your Digi001', but as for using them in any app that recognizes .wav files, you'll be fine. All ACIDIZED means is that special markers have been saved with the file that let Sonic Foundry products (and some others like Logic, but not ProTools) read specific info like tempo etc... but you'll be able to use them fine. Being ACIDized is just an added bonus for certain people.

BTW, ACID is a GREAT program- I cut my production teeth on it before moving to Reason (and from PC to Mac..), and it has, in my opinion, the best loop/sound chopping and editing abilities of any program. Just my 2 cents..

-David Bayles; Art & Fear
Old 05-20-2003, 03:51 PM

Bitheadz makes a program called "Phrazer" which works like Acid in that it reads Acidized files and syncs all loops of different tempo like acid.
So if you want to take advantage of the Acidized loops and just have a Mac check out this program.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FirstStep:
[QB] I don't know about 'importing them into your Digi001',

i guess i just meant bringing the acidized loop into my region bin and then dragging into the track. does that make more sense? you CAN do this, right?

thanks