Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-29-2003, 03:16 AM

Default Is digidesign checking the PTle Forum at all??

I used to be the main engineer on one of the big time studios in México, which happened to have a big TDM/Procontrol system. I was also in charge of the technical aspects of such place, so i was a frequent user of the DUC, but as you guessed, i surfed the TDM DUC. Now i have my own music recording studio in which i run a big MOTU setup with Apogee AD/DA, and I am opening a second studio for voice overs, ADR and voice recording for TV and Radio ads... For which i bought a DIGI 002, a DV TOOL KIT and a Canopus ADVC100. But as i been surfing the PTle forum, my feeling is that DIGI have the LE users somewhat abandoned. Being Digidesign the important company it is, and being commited to it´s customers as they say they are, is this feeling of abandon my imagination? Are we PT le users less important to them?

any thoughts?

PUnkest

DIGI002
G 4 DUAL 1.25Ghz
Dual 17´apple displays
Canopus ADVC100 to third 17 monitor.
some other stuff i don´t remember now
Old 09-29-2003, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Is digidesign checking the PTle Forum at all??

FWIW-Digi tech support rarely posts here in the DUC. If you have a real problem I suggest contacting them directly via telephone or email.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 09-29-2003, 04:34 AM

Digi is definitely less responsive on the PTLE forums than on the PT TDM ones, unfortunately.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:18 AM

This is a USER conference. They rarely post here and occasionally remind us that this is moderated but it is not a tech support forum. It is for users to discuss problems/solutions.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:11 AM

It may all be about $$$$$.

As the power of host computers continues to grow, the gap between their capabilities and the full TDM system narrows. That may explain the slow response to the Apple G5, for example.

Always keep in mind that digidesign is an Avid company and Avid has owned the high end of non-linear video editing for years. Now Apple is encroaching in their space with Final Cut Pro V4.

At the end of the day, I would expect digidesign to be even less supportive of PTLE and Apple to become stronger with upgrades to Logic which take full advantage of dual processor 64-bit G5 performance, along with more and more useability improvements.

Adobe threw in the towel and new versions of Premiere will no longer be Mac OS compatible. Even Microsoft announced that it would not continue development of IE for the Mac because Safari is coming on so strong.

Whether this is good or bad, I leave to you. But its all about $$$$