How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 PM

Default Liquid Saffire with Projectmix as controller

Hi

I have a focusrite liquid saffire 56 and an M-Audio Projectmix I/O. I'm trying to use the projectmix as a controller for protools 9 and use the Liquid Saffire as my main audio interface. I have been through all the forums here and I've also tried lots of settings in pro tools but not having any luck. The Liquid saffire MIDI IN light flashes when i move faders on the projectmix (so there is a midi connection between pmi/o and ls56) but it does nothing in pro tools. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:14 PM

Have you tried an aggregate device? That might be your best bet. But I've never tried. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Liquid Saffire with Projectmix as controller

That sounds like it might be the go, I think im nearly there with it. Thanks a mill
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM

Thanks a mill that worked wonders, I was already playing around with the aggregate settings but didn't fully understand it, but its all good now. Cheers. I just have one other problem with the LS56, (would probably suit a different forum) The hp1 output knob controls the hp2 output and the hp2 output knob controls the hp1 output. Is this a hardwired fault or can it be fixed in the software?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:14 PM

I don't have a liquid Safire, but I'm pretty sure it has a nice, in-depth, software mixer. So I'm betting it's something in there that is routed incorrectly. It could also be in PT's I/O settings. I can't really help you much more than that. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Thanks for your help CME, It turns out that its a hardware fault. Has anyone had a similar problem with the ls56?
Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Hey,

I realize that you found a solution to your problem, but hopefully I can help out the next guy.

I had received the ProjectMix as a hand-me-down, and couldn't seem to figure out a way to use it as a control surface, in tandem with my Saffire Pro 40 - the Pro 40 being the primary IO. The LS56 and Pro 40 both support dual unit operation via the extra firewire port on the back. I was able to simply connect the ProjectMixs' firewire to the extra port on my Pro 40, and naturally, then ran the firewire from my Pro 40, to my computer. No tweaking, complicated settings, etc. - it works great.

Hope this can help anyone else having similar issues.

Joseph