Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2017, 04:12 PM

Default Re: AVID CORE audio manager Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Core Audio is working Pro Tools HD12.7

But just like before either core audio (iTunes or other) or Pro Tools.
Not simultaneously like we all would like.
Actually, tech support told me CoreAudio Manager is no longer part of the CoreAudio 'workflow' so, because I use a Lynx Aurora and my monitor chain is fed digitally, I am unable to route system audio to my main monitors. BUT--and this is new for me--the good news is that I can use all the Ins & Outs on my Lynx in Digital Performer--they are available inside of DP. For one of my clients, this is actually pretty significantly huge.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:08 AM

Anyone having an issue with closing protools changing your clock on the auroras (both set EXT to rec WC from antelope)? When I close protools the top one switches to INT. and I am also not able to see HDX under miid/audio setup or under sys pref/system audio. When I open protools no problem seems to function normally.

Converts firmware is up to date (PTHDX 12.7 on 10.12.1)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:36 PM

Fixed!(sort of)
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...1-Release-Info
Mac Pro, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HDX, 2xAlphalink,1xDeltaLink,
Mac Mini, os12.6.3, PT 22.12 HD Native + HD Omni, Artist Series Mix x 2, Artist Series MC Transport, Atmos 5.1.4
VENUE SC48 3.2 with iPad Control
SSL Duality
SSL Duality via ipMIDI / ∂elta Automation Plug-In
Old 07-31-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrobass View Post
hello guys,

My problem is not solved yet.
The pain in the A.. is that it also freezes the output audio from 2 different CD authoring software on my system.
I looked around, and found some like that : http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e.../HDX-CoreAudio

still doesn't work for me. I think the problem is between AvidCore audio manager and mac os X's Audio midi setup.

You can't actually right click on the "AVID HDX" in the left column to set it as the main output.

The problem seems to occur since PT 10.3.6.

SO : does everybody here has PT 11 & 10 coexisting on there system (i do, for my control 24).
Thank u

Pierre
Hi pierrobass,

I have a smilar issue but with PTHD 10.3.10:

I'm currently using PTHD (TDM) 10.3.10 on OSX 10.9 which has worked flawless like a charm.

Since a few weeks when I start YouTube or Soundcloud on Firefox or Safari normally the Avid CoreAudio Manager should start so that I can hear to music from the browser within the audio output form my 192 interface but this doesn't happen anymore. Even starting the Core Audio Driver manually before opening the browser doesn't help. I can't recall having installed anything at all during the past few weeks.

I've trashed the PT prefs, reinstalled PT 10.3.10 from scratch but this hasn't changed anything.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:04 PM

OS 10.12.x
Pro Tools HD
Core Audio Avid HD I//O only will work id Pro Tools HD is not Launched.

Once Avid HD Pro Tools is launched the Core audio disappears from Audio Midi/Core audio.

This has always been HD Card/Hardware behavior. (It would be nice if this could change)

Avid HD software with non Avid hardware works as expected.

There are many workarounds over the years from digital routing to my fave of having an independent I/O for Core.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:10 PM

Yes, I know that but this is not the issue.

When PT is not launched and I start the browser and launch YouTube for example and start playing a video Avid CoreAudio Manager should start and play the audio back.

Since a few weeks this doesn't happen anymore.