Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: Mavericks and Fast Track Ultra 8r problems

Revok

Thanks for the scoop and your hardware and software spec's.

As you probably know, 10.9.1 isn't supported yet and has issues so we really can't assume that your problem isn't related to that - and I also see you aren't using PT.

Engineering and support are working on 10.9.1 but the drivers we did provide for Mavericks in November were for 10.9 only and required Pro Tools 11.0.3 or higher.

There is a reason why we post approved spec's - so customers don't get stuck or have issues.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 AM

I bought this audio interface before it became an Avid product. Never used it with Pro Tools and I don't intend to do so. It worked just fine with anything, it wasn't built for any specific software to begin with. If I remember correctly, it even came with a copy of Live lite.

Does this mean that from now on Avid will only release Pro Tools compatible updates?

By the way: those specs were added to the driver download page by Avid *after* unhappy users started complaining on this forum and after your Facebook page got flooded with angry comments. Please don't treat your users like idiots.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:41 AM

The driver is not a Pro Tools only driver. This issue should not have anything to do with what DAW you are using.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 01-09-2014, 10:09 AM

I've been testing on the following system with no issues of recording or monitoring. The issue that seems to be directly affecting users with systems with Intel Core 2 Duo systems is that they are completely losing all audio output from their devices... trying to narrow down what the culprit is. Even though Avid isn't officially supporting 10.9.1 yet with USB and firewire devices, I haven't had any issues yet in my testing with 10.9.1...

Wondering if it is a MacBook Pro issue, iMac issue, etc??

Macbook Air (5,2) Intel Core i7
Mavericks 10.9.1
Ableton Live 9.1 Demo
Fast Track Ultra 8R driver v2.3
Old 01-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Amen to everything Revok said. This is not a Pro tools issue, it's about support for a product that was bought before it was an AVID product.

Solve the issue or admit your failure and reimburse the users now!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:34 PM

Here's my configuration BTW.

There is simply no sound coming out of my Fast Track C600.
There is no sound from any software, so it's not a problem caused by Protools or Logic, it's a sound card problem.

M-Audio Fast Track C600
Driver 1.2.0
Firmware 0.1.7

iMac 21,5 Late 2009
3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
iOS 10.9.1 (1 as of today, but didn't make a difference)

Software:
ProTools MP9 9.0.5 (everything seems to be working, except no sound)
Logic X Pro 10.0.5 (everything seems to be working, except no sound)
Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 AM

Hello Avid,

This is basically all your users want to hear:
"Dear user,
We are aware of the compatibility issues of our hardware drivers with the current version of Mac OSX Mavericks.
Our team of developers is working hard to resolve the problems in a timely fashion.
Please join our mailing list to get the latest on driver updates.
Kind regards,
The Avid Team"

Yet you keep us in the dark and feed us crap. Every remark or request for help is bluntly removed from your facebook page, and even the volunteers who administer this forum (the only direct line of support) are none the wiser.

This style of communication is more befitting the North Korean government than an American AV technology company.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 PM

I've been thoroughly testing on a Macbook Air with 10.9.1 and all Avid supported drivers for Mbox 3, C600, and the Fast Track Ultra 8R... in fact I even was able to run the FT Ultra 8R with both the supported drivers for 10.8 and 10.9 on 10.9.1 with Pro Tools 11 and Ableton Live 9.1 without any issues. From the forums out there there does seem to be issues with Mavericks, but by the number of complaints other users are seeing with other devices besides Avid (apogee, focusrite, and even built in audio) its seeming more and more that this is a Mac bug that needs to be fixed with Mavericks.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM

i have a problem with fast track ultra 8r and mavericks too. the card after the driver update worked for a few days and then stucked.
i BOUGHT an M audio fast track ultra 8r from USA 40 days before. Until yesterday it worked fine.Today i tried to switch the devise on and the power blue led worked but the device didn't proceed(the clip and the input led used to switch on and off but this time they didn't).I pressed the power button several times and on of them the other led indicators switched on and they stayed on.What can i do ? i live in Greece where there is no authorized dealer of m audio except one who told me that he can not do anything because the device came from USA. Is there any way to reset the device or something else by myself? Note that a few days ago i updated the drivers to 2.3 and the firmware to 1.5 for the Mavericks os.

mac mini i5 2.5 mavericks
8gb ram
Old 01-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Avid

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we are definitely aware of the audio issues some of you are experiencing with Mavericks. The team is doing as much as we can to reproduce in house and get to the bottom of it. I am sure you have seen the posts from one of our testers, Bret (BCohune), aiding in this effort. Unfortunately, we are unsuccessful in reproducing thus far. We have a suspicion that the issue could be machine specific and/or a Mavericks bug. But, the first step in any bug fix is for us to see the bug first hand, so our developers can take a deeper look and understand the root cause.

Its a frustrating experience for those of you struggling with this, and we hate that. Truly. So, please hang in there and we will update you on our progress as much as possible.

In the meantime, you can help us out by sending the following to [email protected]:
-Hardware Config
-OS version
-Installed audio software and versions
-Audio Interface
-Driver Version
-Complete description of problem

Thanks!
Berkeley, CA