Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2018, 10:27 AM

Default "One or more tracks contain plug-ins not in your plug-in folder Xpand!2 "

When I open up PTF, I get "One or more tracks contain plug-ins that don't exist in your plug-in folder Xpand!2 (4)"

I searched other threads for info on this and found lots of stuff on plug-ins but not this particular issue.

I am still a less than newbie with PTF, so I am having lots of baffling situations like this.

Thanks for your patience.

On another subject, how do we delete threads on this forum. One of my other threads had no responses at all, and the problem went away anyway, so I would like to delete it.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:10 PM

Default Re: "One or more tracks contain plug-ins not in your plug-in folder Xpand!2 "

Have you installed Xpand? It’s a separate install.
If you did install it, then you should be able to find the aax file in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

If it’s not there, check the Plug-Ins Unused folder. If it ended up there, try moving it back to the plug-ins folder.

System Details
Old 09-04-2018, 08:15 PM

Default Re: "One or more tracks contain plug-ins not in your plug-in folder Xpand!2 "

I'm still getting the same message "One or more tracks contain plug-ins that don't exist in your plug-in folder Xpand!2 (4)"

Tobe Domingo sent this link to me and I downloaded it and opened it. XPand2_2018_3_Win_102997.zip

Now there are a bunch of aax files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

( see the pic )

The C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins(unused) is an empty folder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pro tools install prob xpand2 01.jpg (65.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Gyrobob; 09-04-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:07 AM

In that same folder, you should have a file for XPand with an aax extension.
If you don't have that, then Xpand is still not installed properly.

System Details