Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Free gear for Hurricane Katrina victims

Hi,

I'm watching just like everyone else. Given a ton of money (for me) to the Red Cross just like everyone else. But since I don't carry a badge of any kind or fly a helicopter, I was thinking that my part was over.

I was just now thinking of all the studios that must've been washed out during the storm, and the unlikely recovery of ANY gear that was left in them. I have a list of gear I was about to ebay, but I'd rather donate it to someone who needs it to get things back up and running.

I know that this is premature, and getting their recording studio back up and running is probably the furthest thing from anyone's mind at this point. But if those of us able, would pledge to help out our brothers along the Gulf Coast when the time is appropriate, then I think we can make a difference, especially for the ones that are under-insured or not insured at all.

I think everyone of us has an old keyboard sitting there gathering dust, or some decent mics you hardly ever pull out, even a bunch of cables you don't need, old fx units, etc.

Let's mobilize ourselves in the coming months, so when these guys are ready to try to get back to doing what they do best, we can help.

If you are a hurricane victim (and can somehow prove it), and you have been a working studio owner (and not just someone trying to score some free gear), then we can talk. We can discuss shipping method and who pays for that later.

Can anyone else on the DUC come up with a few items that they'd be willing to donate?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Free gear for Hurricane Katrina victims

You might want to get in touch with SPARS. They have a large membership and get donations into the right hands.