Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2020, 10:47 AM

Default s1&dock&eucon issues with Cubase 10.5

just got back on avid/eucon board after 6 years, i was a not impressed avid artist mix user.

i should first say, things got really better and i enjoy the dock&ipad and s1 combination and it definately speeds up my workflow.

But there are some bugs with cubase:

1)"write" button on right dock editer will activate write but the light won't turn on.

2) no matter what i try, programing eucon command or a key command, i cant change the automation type (touch, latch or cross over) and why is there an off button, why can't we deactivate read or write just by pressing the programmed button again?

3) i programmed some soft keys to send multiple commands (change s1 layout, change cubase track visibility configuration) it took me multiple times to get it work, even though my programming was the same, when you programm multiple commands it sometimes works sometimes not. usually the first command work but the 2nd....it's hit and miss in my case. and the 3rd command (i was trying key commands and eucon) i could never get it to work. example: i want the soft key to change s1 layout, cubase track visibility and also cubase workspace. i could get 2 commands to work with 1 button but the 3rd one didnt work so i have to have seperate softkeys for workspaces.

4) the editor, plz guys, yes things got better in 6-7 years after i left artist mix etc....but the editor is like a joke from 80s. you can't copy and paste, you can't search, there is even not a alphabetical order. There are soooo many eucon commands, it should be easier to navigate and program, the editor is almost the same as 6-7 years ago.

5) when i edit an insert it opens the plugin window but i can't get it to close the window when i exit.

6) the issue with track page on ipad is known i think, if you exceed a certain track count in your project...eucon crashes. this is i think not only a cubase issue.

7) some UAD plugins won't show the parameter values on ipad. and some show different values than the plugin. like API Channel strip or Neve 1081 Eq.

8) fabfilter plugins and dock encoders act weird, just try it and you will see.

9) why do we need to load softkey everytime we start eucon, why can it be not saved as default setting?

Last edited by anason-records; 07-09-2020 at 11:28 AM.