Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Default FWx Card Question

I have a FWx card successfully installed and in use in my D-Show Profile. I noticed that it has two firewire ports on it. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to hookup to two separate PT systems via the two ports (obviously only the same 32 channels could be sent/received). The manual/guide has no mention of the fact that two ports are even on there (aside from the picture of the card itself).
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Default Re: FWx Card Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelicanesque View Post
I have a FWx card successfully installed and in use in my D-Show Profile. I noticed that it has two firewire ports on it. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to hookup to two separate PT systems via the two ports (obviously only the same 32 channels could be sent/received). The manual/guide has no mention of the fact that two ports are even on there (aside from the picture of the card itself).
Thanks in advance!
Never tried but most likely not. The second port is to daisy-chain FW HDD's to computers with one FW port.