Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 09:11 AM

Default So how does Avid Link and Collaboration work?

Trying to collaborate on a couple of mixes. I'm trying to download a mix to collaborate on through Protools, and also trying to upload a different mix to another friend to collaborate on.

Every time I try to upload the audio files, it tells me that the upload failed, or I get a "Hard Fail" error message. And the mix I'm trying to download doesn't seem to have any audio associated with it. We can't figure out what's going on.

Is there some problem with the Collaboration? I have the auto upload/download enabled, and my Avid Cloud Projects account keeps getting bigger/more storage used. But I can't seem to tell if any actual audio had uploaded.

Is that how this is supposed to work? Is my internet connection just too slow to be able to use the collaboration? (I'm on Satellite, and my upload speed is about 2.7Mbps up).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT Collab.jpg (73.9 KB, 0 views)

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One

Last edited by JCBigler; 10-20-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:13 PM

Default Re: So how does Avid Link and Collaboration work?

I guess this is something I am not going to be able to use. I've been trying to upload a session to work on since about midnight last night, and it keeps failing, presumably due to my crappy internet out here in the boondocks.

And there doesn't appear to be any way to see if your session files have actually uploaded or not. Even though the total storage in use shows over 10GB now, and my session is only just over 1GB in size.

This system needs some major reworking, and it's easier to just use Dropbox.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 10-20-2020, 03:47 PM

Default Re: So how does Avid Link and Collaboration work?

Was working on a Project last night with no problems (other than my rusty guitar chops!). Cable internet so about 104Mbps down / 5.7 Mbps up. There's a setting needed on Catalina to allow file transfer but it looks like you're on Win10? I just sent you a Contact request in Avid Link if you want to test something.