Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 PM

Default Installing a Plug-In?

I have installed a plug-in manually, and I can see the plug-in under the Options/Plug-Ins tab, however when I go to the Plug-Ins tab to begin using it, I cannot view it anywhere in order to install it. Have I missed a step, or installed the plug-in into the wrong folder? Also, how do I deliniate the plug-in folder in which it installs, (i.e. Dynamics, EQ, etc.)?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Installing a Plug-In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan H View Post
I have installed a plug-in manually, and I can see the plug-in under the Options/Plug-Ins tab, however when I go to the Plug-Ins tab to begin using it, I cannot view it anywhere in order to install it. Have I missed a step, or installed the plug-in into the wrong folder
Hi Ryan,

If the plug-in is visible in the Options/Plug-Ins page, that means that the plug-in files have been placed at the right location. You then need to wait for the rack status to stop blinking and go to a green 'OK' (bottom right corner), which I assume you did. Before then, the new plug-ins may not all have been recognized yet. Once you are past that point, the new plug-ins should be available in the Plug-Ins tab, just like the others. If that's not the case, one of several things might be happening:
  • the plug-in might not contain a TDM HD Accel effect that works on a 321 DSP (that's the only DSP flavor available in a VENUE system). Also, RTAS, AudioSuite and HTDM plug-ins are not supported. I read in the digi support pages that some HTDM plug-ins are sometimes simply listed as TDM. Check with your plug-in vendor if the plug-in works on 321 DSPs.
  • the plug-in authorization might not work. If the Pace copy protection isn't working for some reason, that's what you might see.
  • the plug-in *might* have been designed to not load on VENUE to force you to buy a special version for VENUE. Again, check with your plug-in vendor. By default, a TDM plug-in that works on 321 DSPs will work on VENUE unmodified, but a vendor may decide on an other policy.
  • Did I forget a possible reason?...
Since you haven't specified which plug-in (and which version) you are trying to use on VENUE, it is impossible to tell if the effect you are trying to use should work on VENUE...

Quote:
Also, how do I deliniate the plug-in folder in which it installs, (i.e. Dynamics, EQ, etc.)?
Each effect declares which category(ies) it should be listed in.

I hope this helps!

-g
Old 03-12-2009, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Installing a Plug-In?

The plug-in I am attempting to load is SPL Transient Designer. I know others are using it. I have downloaded the 14-day trial, and have downloaded the iLok license as well.