Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Psychedelic Mixes - Feedback Appreciated

I recently mixed an album for a local band here in Baltimore, MD. This was my first 'gig' as an engineer (I graduated form a recording school in October and am currently working as a Sound Preservation Engineer in Bethesda, MD).

The band performs covers of classic psychedelic songs. They recorded live into an Alesis ADAT-HD24 at a friend's house, and then I transferred the songs onto a firewire drive and mixed all 15 songs in Pro Tools LE at my home (see my signature for specs). I did my best to artisitically capture the retro psychedelic sound, so keep this in mind when giving a listen.

I just got my copy of the mastered album in today and thought I'd throw up a few songs. Unfortunately it seems that the band was lame when burning me this copy of the album, as some digital artifacts appear in a few songs. Anyways, any feedback is welcome to this newbie engineer. Hope you enjoy.

The Things!
Old 02-28-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Re: My First Album (as mixing engineer)

The Electric Prunes Underground is my all time favorite album! I was surprised to find somebody covering I Happen To Love You...Cool! I prefer my old mono vinyl copy of this album to the stereo version, including the version released on cd a couple years ago. If you're going for this kind of sound, don't forget to check it out in mono too. I'll be waiting for Long Day's Flight mix!