How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 12-13-2013, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwnthbttns View Post

Do I want to download the 32 bit AND the 64 bit or just the 64 bit?

Also, could you please elaborate on what you mean by "If so I would re-install and do the whole preferences, plist and dae folder delete and try again". I want to, if necessary, follow your instructions explicitly and get things working correctly. I am pretty new to all of this, and am unclear on some this terminology.

Thanks again for your kindness and patience with a "newbie",

Matthew
Hi Matthew

You only need to download the 32 bit aax if you are gonna use PT10 aswell and if so, yes, if the installers are such that they split up 32 and 64 bit AAX then both, otherwise you only need to install the 64 bit AAX version. Make sure it is 64 bit AAX as alot of people think that all "AAX" installers are for PT11 and they are not.

Trashing preferences etc is a way of cleaning out old files and folders so that when PT boots up afterwards it reads in all the info again fresh and clean

Here is a step by step for win and osx so do all the WIN stuff as I think you are on windows : http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ces-databases/
And here : http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ences-on-a-pc/

Be Well and talk soon
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Ah I thought you meant Melodyne Studio as that isn't AAX64 bit yet but aacording to Celemony website Essentials should work. We only have the Bifg Bundle with Studio 3 and that includes Editor so I didn't know about the versions under but yes, it is AAX64 if you look here http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=melodyne211

So .. Have you installed the update so you have latest version of that?

You need to use Melodyne on an Audio Track and it should be under other.
Here is a video showing that process http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.ph...deos&tab=3#top

If so I would re-install and do the whole preferences, plist and dae folder delete and try again.

Chris
Good morning from Seattle, Chris! Just wanted to let you know that I followed your instructions and now Melodyne is showing up in my plug ins!! Thanks very, very much!! Now, all I have to do is figure out how to use my new software to sweeten up my vocals. I am assuming that a healthy dose of YouTube videos would be just what the doctor ordered. Thanks again, Chris, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:06 AM

This thread may be stale by this time, but I highly recommend the Avid/Pro Tools 11 101 Training manual, available at Guitar Center and probably everywhere else. I have had a few years experience with another DAW, but going thru the training sessions, taking the tests, and doing the exercises got me up and rudimentary surprisingly quickly. Exercises are included, so if the system is properly installed and running (no small feat in itself) you can get to a productive (not expert) level fairly quickly. The manual is designed for 16 hours of instruction and study, and entry-level certification is available.
Pro Tools 101 is the first of a series of Avid-designed course books that if completed as intended, should impart some degree of proficiency to the user. And for those possibly seeking employment in the industry, each manual/course offers its own level of certification. That won't make the student employable by itself, and for sure won't make a studio tech or "engineer" out of a raw beginner, but it should at least indicate some degree of familiarity and commitment. There is no substitute for experience, of course. Use it and use it and use it.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyrouse View Post
This thread may be stale by this time, but I highly recommend the Avid/Pro Tools 11 101 Training manual, available at Guitar Center and probably everywhere else. I have had a few years experience with another DAW, but going thru the training sessions, taking the tests, and doing the exercises got me up and rudimentary surprisingly quickly. Exercises are included, so if the system is properly installed and running (no small feat in itself) you can get to a productive (not expert) level fairly quickly. The manual is designed for 16 hours of instruction and study, and entry-level certification is available.
Pro Tools 101 is the first of a series of Avid-designed course books that if completed as intended, should impart some degree of proficiency to the user. And for those possibly seeking employment in the industry, each manual/course offers its own level of certification. That won't make the student employable by itself, and for sure won't make a studio tech or "engineer" out of a raw beginner, but it should at least indicate some degree of familiarity and commitment. There is no substitute for experience, of course. Use it and use it and use it.
Thanks! Excellent advice, and well worth heeding.

P.S. My girlfriend got me the book for Christmas!