Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 07-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Default Firewire/Legacy drivers... Where would I look?

Anyone know where I could find the 1394 Firewire driver install? Or the legacy if that doesn't work? Just curious, I wouldn't know where to look. I was under the impression that my Firewire card was provisioned when I set up my Digidesign 003 Factory, since I am NOT reloading my interface, but just the new PT9.0.3 driver, then shouldn't at least that part stay intact without having to do anything? I mean that's between the interface and Tower, I would think that the link has not been disturbed with the PTLE8 to PT9 upgrade. I'll find out in a while, however, where would I look if I should find my Firewire link light not lit?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Firewire/Legacy drivers... Where would I look?

You mean the IEEE 1394 Firewire drivers? Or the drivers for your interface?

Here is a video I made a long while ago when it was necessary to use the Legacy driver, Since 8.0.4 the default driver worked best for me (LSI in my case when using the integrated port, or TI when using the Firewire card, your driver will vary depending on what you are using)

Pro Tools Drivers:

Driver Downloads and Updates for Pro Tools 9 and 8

If you are just updating to the latest PT drivers, then you should be fine, unless you are currently set on Legacy, then you may find better stability using whatever the "brand name" default driver is. But this can vary on each system, try them all, and use what is best.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio