Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2010, 08:56 AM

Default mbox/ usb / unable to locate digidesign hardware

yellow exclamation in device manager

wxp sp2 Lenovo T61

PT 8.01

am I missing something here?

I tried the troubleshooting steps where you double click on the driver install and it appears to install drivers. lights all on etc. but windows wont talk to it.

Already uninstalled and reinstalled pt8

any ideas?
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 02-06-2010, 04:53 AM

Default Re: mbox/ usb / unable to locate digidesign hardware

can i get a courtesy bump on this one?

=)

I really need to get this mbox going. It's on a loan from a friend for a particular purpose.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 02-08-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenk2k View Post
yellow exclamation in device manager
Next to which device? The USB port?

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-08-2010, 12:36 PM

No, next to the mbox device in device manager. I think uit's under sound card.

I got an inquiry out with digi. Some stuff i found on digi dot com mentions a firmware problem that can only be rolled back by installing 7.3.1 or using the updater. I can't find 7.3.1 anywhere in my digi or 7.3 for that matter. I tried 8.0 initially and then 7.4 no dice either way. I tried the firmware updater and it either a. thinks i have more than one mbox attached b. wont talk to the mbox.

I hope this doesn't mean it's hosed.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:08 PM

update:

i finally got it to flash the firmware. it said v1.20 was already on there and it reflashed it with 1.20 again. The device still doesnt work. digi says to call their proaxxess line. But since the mbox is so old I'm sure it's out of warranty. I dont see the point of calling.

ugh...paperweight.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 AM

same problem with me 2.....windows will no longer regonize the hardware.....It was working fine and now all of a sudden i am getting a code error 43

no one seems to have any idea about this problem and digidesign is a crock of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 AM

bleep bleep bleep.....wtf???....not only are degidesign a crock of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]....there forum is also facist.....I will curse if i wanna....

[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] off
Old 02-19-2010, 03:13 PM

What you will both need to do though I'm pretty sure is uninstall PT including all drivers and re install having the mbox hooked up so the right drivers will be loaded at the time of the installation. Read the dialog pages during the process as it will give you instructions. Remember the original mbox is supported only up to 8.0.1 but you will have to use the 8.0 installer and drivers to make it work unless digi has updated a full 8.0.1 installer which I'm not aware of.