Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2015, 08:25 PM

Default My tempo is slowed down after audio import

Hello all.... I have PT11 and Maschine 2 both open and I am trying to drag and drop audio from a pattern(s) I created in Maschine into PT11. After I drag the audio over, the pattern plays much slower than the original tempo in Maschine... I have changed the session tempo in PT11 and no matter what I change it to, the imported audio(pattern) still plays at a/the slower speed. I have also tried to elastic enable the track and I have tried opening Maschine 2 as a plug-in on an instrument track in PT11, but I still cant get the tempo to play the same as the tempo at which the pattern was created in Maschine 2. Can anyone help with this?? I have searched but cannot find my answer. Can anyone provide any details on how I can get this to work? Thanks in advance.

dudaman
Old 01-14-2015, 09:32 PM

Default Re: My tempo is slowed down after audio import

Sounds like you need to use the Import Audio function and click the "Convert" button to change the sample rate to match your session(guessing you have a 44.1K session and the Maschine is set to 48K)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-15-2015, 06:03 AM

Default Re: My tempo is slowed down after audio import

thank you albee1952 so much for your response.. i will try this when i get home this evening... however, can you give me a little more info please on how to do this? Do I convert the audio, once dragged or imported from Maschine 2, to 48k in PT 11? Or do I convert the audio first in Maschine 2 to 41k before dragging/importing over to PT 11? Where is this "convert" button or how do I "convert" it? Sorry, for being a noob....i'm just trying to understand exactly. Its kinda important that i get this working. Thanks so much again.

dudaman
Old 01-15-2015, 09:42 PM

Default Re: My tempo is slowed down after audio import(**solved**)

Ok, for anyone who's using Maschine 2 with PT11, here is how I solved the issue.

Firstly, I want to thank "Albee1952" for replying to my thread and making me aware that Maschine operates on a 48k sampling rate. I had no idea...as a matter of fact I didn't know the difference between 44.1, 48, 96, or 192.... and to be honest, I still don't.

Secondly..... since I've had my studio setup, my audio interface(fast track ultra) has always been set at 44.1k. That's how I've always made my music no matter what software I used. However, because I want to integrate Maschine 2 with PT11 to expand my workflow, I have learned this sample rate thing is kinda a big deal!

Now back to how I solved my issue.... PT11's sample rate defaults to whatever your audio interface is set at. Since mine was set to 44.1k, whenever I created a new Pro Tools session and changed the sample rate to 48k, it prompted a "playback engine error". So, I had to change the sample rate in my audio interface to 48k before I could successfully create the session.

After I created the session, I went under Setup-Preferences-Processing and in the Import section checked the "don't convert sample rate on import" box. I really don't know or quite understand why I had to do this, but that's the only way it would work for me.

Next, I created several audio tracks in PT11 and then opened up Maschine 2 and the project containing the patterns I wanted to import. In Maschine, I soloed the sound that I wanted to import and used the "audio dragger" icon to drag it into one of the audio tracks in Pro Tools. Repeat this process until you get all the sounds/patterns you want.

Once all your sounds/patterns have been imported into PT11, set your tempo/bpm to whatever it is in Maschine. Then line up or truncate your clips on the grid to however many bars it was set in Maschine. Turn loop on in Pro Tools and it should playback the same as it did in Maschine.

Im sure there is a simpler or quicker way to do this, but this is what I did and it worked for me. I hope this helps those experiencing the same issue!

Peace and happy tracking,
dudaman