Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Default I am getting very tired of this...

I have PT-HD3 v9.0.5 running on Win 7 64-bit, quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz with 4 GB of memory. This is a new PT-HD v9 install with the v9.05 update. No other 3rd party plugins installed yet. H/W Buffer Size is at the maximum, 1024 I create a new session. Import 4 stereo audio tracks. NO plugins, no automation. I mute all tracks except ONE, then play. After 3-5 seconds I get the following message: Overloading CPU. Check for compatible disk drivers, and try the following: remove RTAS plugins, increase "H/W Buffer Size in Playback Engine dialog, or thin automation. (-6031) I get so tired of this. What is wrong? -Andres
Old 10-16-2011, 06:34 AM

Default Re: I am getting very tired of this...

AG, in my experience, 6031 has more to do with system drivers than any PT setting. I've updated and reverted firewire, display, network drivers and landed on a combo that is error free.
I can guarantee a 6031 if I try to use a drive that was mounted after the system has booted. Even though the 'new' drive shows up and appears normal, PT will always fail. A reboot always fixes it.

Was this system working ok with a previous PT version?
|
Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres Gonzalez View Post
I have PT-HD3 v9.0.5 running on Win 7 64-bit, quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz with 4 GB of memory. This is a new PT-HD v9 install with the v9.05 update. No other 3rd party plugins installed yet. H/W Buffer Size is at the maximum, 1024 I create a new session. Import 4 stereo audio tracks. NO plugins, no automation. I mute all tracks except ONE, then play. After 3-5 seconds I get the following message: Overloading CPU. Check for compatible disk drivers, and try the following: remove RTAS plugins, increase "H/W Buffer Size in Playback Engine dialog, or thin automation. (-6031) I get so tired of this. What is wrong? -Andres
Dude I had this loads when I first built my rig it's something to do with USB and IRQ sharing I would disconnect all USB's except the keyboard, mouse and ilok make sure your mouse and keyboard are PS2 connection ( I just brought a new mouse that didnt work with my USB to ps2 adapter and I got this error loads until I disconnected the mouse as soon as I pressed record.) try this and see how it goes

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 10-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Disable all network functions, Do not be online, Make sure you are using the most curent north bridge and south chip set drivers, Run video at 16 bit not 32, Do not have any Esata connected, Disable onboard audio in BIOS.

Just some things to try man

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 10-17-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Dude I had this loads when I first built my rig it's something to do with USB and IRQ sharing I would disconnect all USB's except the keyboard, mouse and ilok make sure your mouse and keyboard are PS2 connection ( I just brought a new mouse that didnt work with my USB to ps2 adapter and I got this error loads until I disconnected the mouse as soon as I pressed record.) try this and see how it goes
Both my mouse and my PC keyboard are usb.. never had that problem. So if you had that problem when you mouse or keyboard was loaded, I'd look into utilities that may have been uploaded through the drivers of your mouse/keyboard.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-18-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Both my mouse and my PC keyboard are usb.. never had that problem. So if you had that problem when you mouse or keyboard was loaded, I'd look into utilities that may have been uploaded through the drivers of your mouse/keyboard.
What kind of thing am I looking for dude in utilities

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis