Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Default Help setting up my Roland TD-4 as a MIDI triggering device

Hi - I am struggling set up my Roland TD-4 as a MIDI trigger, and I could really use some help.

I currently am running ProTools 8 on Windows XP, with a Digi 002R. I have an Axiom 61 MIDI controller which is connected via USB which is set up and works perfectly. I also have a Roland TD-4 that I would like to use to trigger my BFD2 software.

So the problem is when I try to connect the MIDI out from the TD-4 into the MIDI in on the Digi002R, I get no signal when I record enable the MIDI track. Maybe I haven't set up the device properly. However, if I connect the TD-4 to the MIDI in on my Axiom 61, the signal comes through fine, and I am able to trigger BFD2 with it. However, when I try to record with that configuration, no notes or MIDI events are recorded. All I want to be able to do is record MIDI from my TD-4 to trigger BFD2. I've downloaded keymaps that work, so I can get it to work fine running through the Axiom 61. I just can't record that way.

I am a bit of a noob, so I am sure I am not explaining myself as well as I'd like, but if anyone has any thoughts, I would really appreciate it. It's pretty frustrating to have the gear, but not have it work.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Help setting up my Roland TD-4 as a MIDI triggering device

The only thing I can think of would be to check midithrough on the TD 4, the midi channel that the TD 4 is set for its output, the midi channel on the midi track in PT's, and then knock on wood?? Should work I would think,,,, but thinking usually either gets me in trouble, or is incorrect,, (which still gets me in trouble??)!!!

Good luck ,, Mike AH,,,,, 1 other thing,, check your midi cord?? I've had a bad one before, took me a while to realize it wasn't my connections!
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |