Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Window resize issue

Hi, I'm running LE 7.3.1 on XP and within one of my sessions, somehow I've managed to get the Mix and Edit windows partially offscreen (the tops are cut off). I've checked out all the threads on this I could find suggesting how to resize the windows, but most assume you eventually have access to that top bar with the Minimize, Maximize buttons. I don't, its offscreen. I'm using dual 26-inch widescreens at high resoultion, so screen real estate isn't an issue, I can expand the available edges out as far as possible. This seems like such a simple thing, I'm a 10-yr PT user, this doesn't happen on my Apple setup at home (or any of the 20 or so other Mac setups I've been involved with over the years) . I've already banged my head on this one for 3 hours...any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Window resize issue UPDATE

I tried trashing preferences and that didn't help.

I just did an uninstall and re-install. The problem is still there. To clarify, it occurs when I try to open the original session that this issue cropped up in, and also when I try to open new sessions. The default main application view has the tops of the Edit and Mix windows cropped.

Anyone?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 PM

auto config on the monitor?

resolution in your adapter settings?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Problem solved! It wasn't a display/res issue Drumnow.

The problem ended up being that one session was corrupt, so after a restart, if I opened up the bad session first, any further sessions after that would have the same resized windows problem. However, if I restarted and then opened up "good" sessions first and subsequently, everything was fine until I opened the bad session again, at which point all subsequent sessions would open "bad".

Solution was to create a new session (first thing after a restart), import all the session data from the corrupt session, and then delete the corrupt session.