Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 12:26 AM

Default 001 Pop as system powers down...

Hi,
We have several 001s in studio in a high school and they are making a lovely pop through the monitors when the computer powers on + off, even if the volume is down. I know HOW this happens, but I don't understand why it HAS to happen-- Couldn't this thing have been made to mute on power-on?

I can get around it at home with the Monitor button in or the speakers powered off, but at the schools the button needs to stay OUT and high school kids just aren't gonna remember to change it.

Is what I am asking electrically impossible? Is there a trick here I don't know about?

Thanks,
http://www.WhatTheHeller.com
Old 11-16-2001, 07:28 AM
Avid

Default Re: 001 Pop as system powers down...

Inserting a Gate between the output of the Digi001 and power amp feeding the monitors might do the trick. Otherwise, I would suggest instructing your students to power off the monitors before anything else.

Brent
Old 11-16-2001, 10:36 AM

Default Re: 001 Pop as system powers down...

Wel, in the case of the Mackie monitors there is an auto-power mode that we use, so unless there is no signal passing for several minutes they stay on the user does not power them at all. Rather than a gate, I'd much rather have an 001 that is designed NOT to blow the monitors! Thanks anyway...
http://www.WhatTheHeller.com