Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2017, 04:16 AM

Default HELP I bought a new computer and I cannot instal my Student Pro tool 10 on it[solved]

Hello,
I hope you are doing well and I hope you could help me with my issue. First issue :
I bought in 2013 a Pro tools 10, purchased when I was a student.
I used it on a macbook for 5 years without any trouble, then I bought a new computer, the former one was not working so well any more.
Right now I'm trying to install pro tools on the new computer with all the CDs I received when I purchased Pro Tools 10 but it is not working at all. It says that my version of protools needs a 10.6.7 or higher Mac version and I do have a 10.12.5 Mac Os Sierra Version. I really don't understand why it is not working. Could you help me please with that?
I just fallowed the regular installation, putting at first the Drivers CD, I really don't get where is the matter.

Second issue:
In the time I bought the Hardware I had the obligation to use my student mail : -------
My ID was : 080892201249.
Now this mail doesn't exist any more since I graduated myself from that university 3 years ago and so on I cannot connect myself to my former avid account I had before.
what can I do with that knowing that it is really important to have an avid account to get updates and other information.

Thanks a lot for all your help,
best regards,
Gersende Forestier

Last edited by jeffro; 05-31-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Case 03213345. Removed email address.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:04 AM

Default Re: HELP I bought a new computer and I cannot instal my Student Pro tool 10 on it

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...nt#ChangeEmail

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:41 AM

Default Re: HELP I bought a new computer and I cannot instal my Student Pro tool 10 on it

Thanks but to do that first I have to connect myself with this first mail and I cannot because I lost my password and to reset it has to be sent at your email adresse and this email adresse doesn't exist anymore .... I'm struck unfortunately ;(
Old 05-29-2017, 05:46 AM

I've escalated your issue. But I wouldn't expect any help today due to the Memorial Day holiday. Standby until at least tomorrow @ 1pm EDT.

As for the initial issue, you will have to upgrade to PT12 to run it on that machine and OS.

And it depends on when in 2013 you bought.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nt-EDU-Upgrade

Old 05-29-2017, 05:50 AM

Thanks again it is really nice to help, I send also what you can see in my computer when I try to install protools with the regular CDs I received with the soft ware some years ago. It is in french but maybe it can help.... hope soooo ! thanks again and again...
I already create a new avid account and linked it with my Ilok key but it doesn't really help to install pro tools again
Old 05-29-2017, 05:54 AM

Pro Tools 10 will not install on Sierra. The error message you are seeing is a separate stupid bug in Pro Tools 10 where it think 10 < 9 in the OS X version number.

You can't downgrade a new Mac that came with Sierra so you need to upgrade Pro Tools to Pro Tools 12.

I have not kept up with all the changes with academic licensing and wether you should gave got an upgrade (within the 4 year purchase period) or now need to purchase Pro Tools or not I don't know.

Somebody from Avid is going to need to help you here.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:00 AM

I bought this soft ware in february 2013, but in fact the main issue is not about running pro tools on my new mac, I cannot even install it. I do imagine that even if I'm using a former version of protools and that I don't have anymore the possibility to update/grade it I still can use the former version isn't it ?I mean install it and use it as it is, Pro tools 10...
Hope it's possible to deal with this issue.
Good holiday
Old 05-29-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersende Forestier View Post
I bought this soft ware in february 2013, but in fact the main issue is not about running pro tools on my new mac, I cannot even install it. I do imagine that even if I'm using a former version of protools and that I don't have anymore the possibility to update/grade it I still can use the former version isn't it ?I mean install it and use it as it is, Pro tools 10...
Good holiday
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart

Old 05-29-2017, 06:03 AM

I just read your last answer definitely faster than I to answer thanks so on I'll try to do that and let you know if it's work ! THANKS again really nice of you
Old 05-29-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gersende Forestier View Post
Good holiday
You can always upgrade your version of PT; you just won't get any kind of price break on the new version. You'll be paying full price. Sorry but as you've been told you cannot use your existing version of PT on your new computer because of the operating system. Software can't be expected to be usable on new operating systems especially when the current operating system is several generations newer than when PT10 was developed.

QAPLA!