Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-20-2015, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Tell us What you Don't Like About the Artist

shiftstudios,

Yes I'm running the latest firmware, not sure what you mean by "selecting to use control surfaces in logic"?

Can you please tell me which operating system are you on? and which version EuCon are you running?
Old 01-20-2015, 01:44 PM

Yep, it works great in Logic.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftstudios View Post
Hi romanoffski,

I mean there is a control surface configuration required in Logic. If you don't set it up to use control surfaces it won't.

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/9...3%26tasks=true

I am running OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and EuControl 3.2.1.

Cheers,
Jeff
that configuration in logic doesn't apply to Eucon. It's its own thing.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:44 AM

Seems to work fine as a fader pack. Too fiddly for all the other functions. But I've been searching the manual to find out if there's a way on the Artist Mix to enter automation trim mode, namely volume trim. I need a soft key to put this function on the surface but I don't have any soft keys on my particular piece of hardware.

For post mixing volume trim is used as much as any other mode. Seems like an oversight that it's not a part of the main hardware functions.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Here's my list of things that I DON'T like about the Artist Series.

1) The Touch Screen is inconsistent. I may have to hit the same button several times to get it to engage.
2) The Tracks Page of the Touch Screen's interaction with the DAW is NOT BI-DIRECTIONAL. THE MC'S SCREEN DOES NOT UPDATE WITH THE DAW. It drives me crazy to have the DAW be on channel 62 and the MC control still showing the first 32 channels on it's screen. It is totally unsusable for me the way it is.
3) NO FADER FLIP ON MC CONTROL. If you're going to be limited to 4 physical faders, there should at least be an A/B banking option to give you the minimal standard of 8 control faders. Then you could actually build some decent layouts, without having to link multiple units, which brings me to greivance 3-A): NOT BEING ABLE TO BANK CONNECTED UNITS. If I've got a Control and 2 Mix units, I should be able to bank in blocks of 20 faders at a clip.
4) Having to page through menus in config mode. Every other controller that I've seen lets yu scroll through the menu with the rotary encoder, which is much faster. Paging just piles on more clicks to an already irritating situation with the inconsistent touch screen.
5) Readouts from the encoders frequently don't match the DAW, causing uneccessary confusion.
6) Having the Eucon protocol, WHICH WAS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO INCLUDE ALL DAWS, become so Pro Tools centric that we lose features that used to work on our DAWs in earlier iterations.
7)The document that passes for a manual is useless!
8) No product support.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:28 AM

Hi guy, I'm new and maybe this might be the wrong place to do it. But any help will be appreciated. I'm having problems with setting up the monitor control with the 3.3.1. I'm new and have been using it on a pic for a long time. Now I got the trash can, lots of hard drive and memory and I got the artist mix n control. I love pro tools even when some of my partners left I stayed. Any help please if you can and the artist series have a little less accuracy to me compared to the c24 but loads of features and I know avid will make it what we need it to be pretty soon. Just keep up there good work and keep listening to your buyers.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 PM

when did avid start to charge 20.00 for releasing a serial # of a artist unit, or anything ....when you sell it or give it away

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]