Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-24-2018, 05:42 AM

Default Drag and Drop into Battery 4

For those who use Native Instruments Battery 4, can you drag and drop your chops from the arrange window (Logic Pro X) directly into Battery 4’s cells? If not, what’s the alternative?
Old 11-24-2018, 09:22 AM

Default Drag and Drop into Battery 4

Are you asking if you can drag from Pro Tools? You mention Logic, but I’m unsure if you’re referencing how you do it in Logic and wondering if it can be done in PT.

For the record, it’s not possible within Pro Tools with any VI, not just Battery.

If it’s in Logic, might be best asking on a Logic or NI forum, not one for Pro Tools, even though there may be users who use both applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2018, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Drag and Drop into Battery 4

This could be applied to Pro Tools as well. So it’s not possible? Any alternative? Maybe convert the sliced regions to new audio files, then find the audio files on Battery’s browser?
Old 11-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Well yes of course you can do the latter. If you couldn’t import samples via Battery’s browser, the instrument would serve absolutely no purpose aside from loading factory kits.

You can do any and all of that, but you just can’t drag from the PT timeline into Battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedhelp View Post
This could be applied to Pro Tools as well. So it’s not possible? Any alternative? Maybe convert the sliced regions to new audio files, then find the audio files on Battery’s browser?
You can drag samples from desktop or any hard drive onto Battery, you just can't do it directly from the timeline of Pro Tools, or FL Studio for that matter.

So, you could head to the drive where your samples are located in your Pro Tools session, and drag those in.

It's a bit different in FL Studio, you can drag the sample from within FL, just not directly from the timeline. DAW's can be different. I have no idea about Logic.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-24-2018, 11:24 PM

I don’t know why I mentioned Logic Pro X. But I kinda figured it out. In Pro Tools, once you make your slices in the Edit window, highlight those regions, go to the regions list on the right hand side, find those slices and Export Regions as Files. Then in Battery just hunt for those files wherever you put them in.