Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM

Default Toontack Superior Drummer in Pro Tools Installation Problems

Hi There , Im a newbie and need some assistance .

I have installed Toontrack superior drummer 2.0 + update to SD 2.3 into pro tool 10 (updated to 10.3.3) and im using a MBox 3 Pro , on Windows 7 .

Where Exactly - Do I install all my toontrack sound librarys, and midi files to on my PC ??? .., so that Superior drummer can load them up when fired up in Pro Tools ?

My Toontrack ; Superior Drummer 2.3 , is currently working in Protools 10.3.3 , ( IE; when I open a stereo instrument track in pro tools ..., )

But ................, I dont know where all my files were sent to for ;

MIDI FILES (from Toontrack SDX Expansion Packs) ,
SOUND LIBRARYS ( for my various Toontrack SDX Expansion Librarys )
MIDI PACKS (extra midi expansion Packs purchased from Toontrack) , and
PRESET PACKS ( purchased from Toontrack) .................................................. .., I cant see these anywhere in superior Drummer (when opened in pro tools ) and once I do locate tem I need to Authorise them after opening them up ?

Exactly, where are they are meant to be installed (ie; prefered location for operation with Protools) ..., and how do I create a path to that prefered location during toontack installation ?

note - I have 2 hard drives on my Toshiba Qosmio x500 (windows 7 ) , with pro tools installed in the C drive.

When I installed toontrack superior drummer 2.0 , I was confused/overwhelmed during the install process and by all the paths /choices etc offered ..., so I just clicked next, next, next during install (stupido huh) ...., so Im guessing all those files all went to a folder somewhere in pro tools on my C drive somewhere ? Im guessing .

Any information to make it al clear will be greatly , greatly , greatly APPRECIATED

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 04-24-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Toontack Superior Drummer in Pro Tools Installation Problems

With only 2 drives, using defaults(all to the C: drive IS the best way to go. With a 3rd drive for sample libraries, you can/should install content to the 3rd drive, but since you have 2, you SHOULD be good to go already.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave