Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 AM

Default Has "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted" been fixed?

I've been thinking about upgrading to snow leopard and of course I've seen this thread so that makes me unsure about upgrading considering these major bugs being encountered by a lot of people.

Has this bug been fixed with a later update? Does the same thing happen in 8.1? I've looked through the release notes of the cs updates and I don't see a fix mentioned, and of course there's almost two dozen pages to go through in the thread. What sort of problem can I still expect to run into with Snow Leopard and a compatible version of Pro Tools? Thank you for the help
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Has "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted" been fixed?

I run 8.1 now on my own boot drive and I can say this with authority:

This is a non-issue.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Has "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted" been fixed?

8.1CS2........No

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
I run 8.1 now on my own boot drive and I can say this with authority:

This is a non-issue.
Indeed.

While I've seen the message more than once... I've never actually encountered any missing or trimmed regions. An annoying pop-up, but nothing more.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-20-2010, 05:15 AM

Yeah, i enjoy getting actors back into the studio for the same lines again, because i like to throw away recordings i need... that's how non-issue this is.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Studio View Post
Yeah, i enjoy getting actors back into the studio for the same lines again, because i like to throw away recordings i need... that's how non-issue this is.
Not related. I've never lost a thing and neither have tons of other people. The evidence is overwhelming in support of this fact. If you go ahead and blame it on this issue and leave it at that you are not going to solve your own system specific problem.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 AM

8.1 cs1 and still got it. Never lost audio but had corrupted sessions that wont let me in. Then just have to make a new session and import session data of everything. No losses but a bit of a PITA
Old 10-20-2010, 09:33 AM

It looks bad and it scares clients. "Oh, it's just ProTools" doesn't sound very convincing, although the longer the company behaves this way the less weird it sounds.

But sure, defend away...

Avid - just fix it already. Whatever.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lang View Post
It looks bad and it scares clients. "Oh, it's just ProTools" doesn't sound very convincing, although the longer the company behaves this way the less weird it sounds.

But sure, defend away...

Avid - just fix it already. Whatever.
+1

Is anyone running the new 8.1cs2 and seeing it?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Thank you very much for the responses. What about problems such as this? Has cs2 fixed this problem? It's just that upgrading always seems to be a risky thing to do ... midi hasn't been accurately recording since I jumped to PT 8, for instance.