Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2015, 11:33 AM

Default Multiple Eucon Surfaces with Ableton Live?

Hi everyone, so here is my story....

I have been using the Euphonix MC Control with Ableton Live for a few years. Absolutely loved it and it has been great! The Transport controls worked and I was able to get 8 channels of control OR use the Eucon assignments to assign selected track and it was very usable. The hot keys the touch screen etc, fantastic with Ableton Live.

Now

I have had my MC Control go haywire and the screen has become faulty. I have now upgraded to 2X Avid Artist Mix Controllers and one MC Transport. Great setup. I am loving it in Pro Tools no doubt. I have however not been having the greatest luck with Ableton. I am on my Hackintosh by the way with the latest and greatest updates for Eucontrol, OS X and PT as well as all the firmware updated. I can only seem to get "Euphonix channels 1-4" inside of Ableton. I go into "System Preferences" and open the Eucon control panel and I have added Ableton 2X for Mackie Control 1-4 & 5-8. When I have it setup like this nothing seems to work. If I remove the Mackie Control 5-8 I am able to get my Artist Mix's to respond in Ableton but they mirror each other. Meaning the faders on 1-8 are the same on BOTH Artist Mix controllers. I have been monkeying with it for a bit and I am not sure what the answer is.

I do see where there is the ability to have more then 1-4 Euphonix Midi ports in ableton when I watch setup videos and read the manual HOWEVER I am NOT able to get any more Euphonix Midi Ports to show aside from ports 1-4??????

I have changed the permissions as I read on the app to read&write.

Any body have any idea? At one time I did have the ability to have more the 4 Eucon MIDI ports but for some reason I can only see the 4 now????

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 09-29-2015, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Multiple Eucon Surfaces with Ableton Live?

Been trying everything tonight. Seems to lead me to believe its with the Audio / Midi Devices and OR the EuControl Panel In system preferences.

Here is my findings. I uninstalled all Eucon and re-installed FYI, no difference.I actually uninstalled and removed the device from the Audio and Midi preferences panel and then powered on the units before the computer as recommended in the latest manual. I add MIDI Ports 1-4 and it shows Euphonix Midi 1-4 in Ableton and the faders and channels worked correctly on ONE of my MC Mixes and the other MC Mix the Transport Functions were working, better then it doubled I guess, not sure why that was. Now, I see that the device has been re-added but only has MIDI ports 1-4. I add the 2nd Ableton Live App to the Euphonix Mackie Control Panel MIDI Ports 5-8 and reboot and in Audio and Midi Preferences there is one Euphonix device ONLY. There is ports 1-4 to choose from and that I believe is why they are not showing in Ableton as a second set. I did by the way open Ableton on the windows boot and I saw there was 8 ports avail in the Ableton Preferences. So this would lead me to believe there is something wrong with the Eucon not showing the correct MIDI ports in OS X?

Spent all night trying to get this running, seems to be no hope! Any ideas let me know!

www.WenzMastering.com