Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-20-2013, 03:36 AM

Default ML 10.8.4 + Eucon + Logic 9.1.7 = Crash

Hello,

Yesterday I decided (perhaps foolishly) to upgrade my non-official OSX machine to 10.8.4 from 10.7.5 to prepare for the possibility of purchasing Logic X.

This proceeded without problems, however, since the upgrade I cannot launch Logic 9.1.7 with Eucon (I have tried 3.0 and 2.7.1 - the behaviour is the same) - it simply crashe on the "Starting Eucon Support" message.

I have tried this with and without CoreAudio. 32 and 64bit "versions" of Logic, trashing the Logic and Eucon preferences from the Library, to no avail.

I can confirm that Logic launches and runs without problems when NO Eucon is installed.

I would like to submit a support ticket, but I do not, and never have had any "Avid Support Codes" - I have logged a Registraion Support Case (02190020) for this.

Does anyone have any ideas on either what further information I should provide to assist diagnosis, or what I could do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Leigh
Old 07-21-2013, 01:49 AM

Default Re: ML 10.8.4 + Eucon + Logic 9.1.7 = Crash

I can also confirm that this occurs with Logic 9.1.8 and Logic X.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:46 AM

...and this was the laughable reply I received from customer support today.

"Unfortunately we do not support Logic anymore. Please contact Apple in order to get support for Logic. "

Hm.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue303 View Post

"Unfortunately we do not support Logic anymore. Please contact Apple in order to get support for Logic. "

Hm.
Well if that is the case I will have to sell everything because pro-tools 32 tracks record-limit doesn't cut it for me.
Can we get a confirmation that Logic support is gone?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:10 AM

I would recommend the SmartAV Tango for logic users
Old 07-24-2013, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xill View Post
Well if that is the case I will have to sell everything because pro-tools 32 tracks record-limit doesn't cut it for me.
Can we get a confirmation that Logic support is gone?
I imagine that was just said, in the vain hope that I would go away.

Most irritatingly, after I replied and expressed my disbelief that Logic was no longer supported (since it's still on the product page) and my discontent with the answer provided, I received this reply:

"In order to contact support for your Artist Series Product, please login to your account and create a case from the contact option. "

Which was in fact, the whole reason I contacted support in the first place - BECAUSE I CANNOT SUBMIT A CASE WITHOUT A VALID ASC.

*sigh*

I really feel let down by this - I spent over €2000 on these devices (ok one I have now sold, because I'm broke) but I never needed support until now and now Avid tells me I need to pay €50 to get support?!

I would test this somehow myself, but I don't have another OSX system to compare it to - I know rolling back to 10.7.5 would solve my "problem" (although then I couldn't use Logic X anymore).

Cheers,
L.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaukholm View Post
I would recommend the SmartAV Tango for logic users
Thanks for the idea, but I can't afford to spend another €9000 (or so) on another controller. That's kind of like using a nuclear bomb to open your front door, when you locked yourself out... :)
Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue303 View Post

Hm.
If that is the response you got from Customer Services, I would contact JC Haydon. He is a Product Manager on the EUCON team and would be very interested to hear this. If you find the sticky on the first page for "Broadcast of assurance", you will find his email address in the first post so you can contact him directly.

Good luck
Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_coffee View Post
If that is the response you got from Customer Services, I would contact JC Haydon. He is a Product Manager on the EUCON team and would be very interested to hear this. If you find the sticky on the first page for "Broadcast of assurance", you will find his email address in the first post so you can contact him directly.

Good luck
Thanks for your suggestion. I did in fact see his contact details, but thought I would try to go through the proper channels first before emailing him. Today I haven't heard back from support at all, so if I don't get some reaction about ASCs by tomorrow I will give that a go.

Thanks again,
L.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:59 AM

I've run into the same thing, however, Eucon crashes because I had Studio Monitor Pro installed. Without SMP installed, the Eucon protocol worked fine with Logic Pro X. If you have SMP installed, delete and retry.

Having said that, I'm here looking for support for SMP! I can't believe Avid has not updated this to work with OS 10.8 in light of the new Logic release.

Maybe it's coming?

-Rich