Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2013, 09:10 AM

Default Pro Tools MP9 doesn't recognize new plugins

I bought Pro Tools MP9 + M-Audio Fast Tract C400 a couple of weeks ago. A week ago I installed virtual instrument called Drumcore Free and yesterday I installed Addictive Drums Free. I've checked that the .dpm files are in the Pro Tools plugin folder and Pro Tools loads them during startup. However, I can't find them from the plugins menus when I try to put them to instrument track. I can see all those plugins that came bundled with Pro Tools, but those two that I have installed I can't find.

Also the Mini Grand instrument doesn't work. It always says that the plugin couldn't be made active because of the DAE error.

Does anyone know solution for these two problems (especially first one)?

System information:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
AMD FX8120 Eight-core processor 3,10 GHz
RAM: 8,00 GB

Pro Tools MP9
M-Audio Fast Track C400
Old 09-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools MP9 doesn't recognize new plugins

What number is the DAE error showing?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:55 AM

DAE error is #7400.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:52 AM

I suggest reinstalling both plugins. DAE -7400 error has something to do with permissions on a mac, and probably user account access on the PC.

I've gotten one before, it would happen every time I loaded a particular plugin. I reinstalled the plugin, and everything was good.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:04 AM

I I can't seem to find any of my waves plugins in pro tools MP9, I have pro tools 12.8 but I can't use it with my M-AUDIO Project Mix I/O because it's not compatible. So I went back to pro tools MP9. They were working great until I tried to download a demo of a waves plugin. Now I can't use any of my plugins. I've installed the waves legacy installers... You name it I did it. I'm getting Freakin pissed! HELP!!! SOMEBODY!!! PLEASE!!!
Old 12-25-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBankhead View Post
I I can't seem to find any of my waves plugins in pro tools MP9, I have pro tools 12.8 but I can't use it with my M-AUDIO Project Mix I/O because it's not compatible. So I went back to pro tools MP9. They were working great until I tried to download a demo of a waves plugin. Now I can't use any of my plugins. I've installed the waves legacy installers... You name it I did it. I'm getting Freakin pissed! HELP!!! SOMEBODY!!! PLEASE!!!

Slow down and get a grip. Start at “Help us help you” up the top of every DUC page.

What computer and exact OS?

What exact plugins did you install in what format?

What does “can’t use” or “can’t find” mean *exactly*? The plugin files are not in the plugins folder? Plugins don’t load when Pro Tools starts up? You get some error? They plugin insert options are greyed out? blank spaces? Not there at all? Post a screen shot if that helps.

What standard trouble shooting have you tried? Trashing prefs? Staring with a new empty session? Creating an admin account and testing from there? what else? We cannot guess, and there is a lot of stuff you should try before posting here... but you have to tell us clearly what the problem is exactly and exactly what you have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2017, 03:10 PM

Keep in mind that MP9 is only going to work with RTAS and most current plugin installers will default to AAX64 unless directed to do otherwise(and some new plugins may not even offer an RTAS version)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave