Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2013, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Did anyone watch today's avid hdx webinar

It wasn't as bad as digidesign's AES show demos during the '90s that featured the most lame MIDI synth music I've ever heard.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM

Default Did anyone watch today's avid hdx webinar

Tom - perhaps drop the chat screen and use another social service like a twitter hashtag? It did seem as though the questions were vetted / moderated tho. Not a bad idea as I'm sure some troll or spammer could hijack it. Despite the audio distraction I appreciated it being live. As a near future HDX buyer I'm glad you did it. Thnx.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 PM

I missed the seminar but when it goes to live interaction, have you tried Adobe Connect? I attended a few live seminars (with interaction between presenters and crows) and that works pretty well.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINSLIE View Post
Tom - perhaps drop the chat screen and use another social service like a twitter hashtag? It did seem as though the questions were vetted / moderated tho. Not a bad idea as I'm sure some troll or spammer could hijack it. Despite the audio distraction I appreciated it being live. As a near future HDX buyer I'm glad you did it. Thnx.
The questions themselves were vetted I believe as a couple of mine never made it to the chat room screen. Wouldn't drop the chat room although there was a problem on both Safari and Firefox on the Mac I was using had the right side of it cut off. Usually there's no problem there - it's just that I think they ran into a bunch of problems that hadn't been anticipated (new software it sounds like they were using they hadn't used in previous webinars).

Live chat rooms and onscreen video can work quite well. A drum lessons site (Drumeo.com) runs a pretty good setup now that they have their teething problems sorted. They actually use two separate providers/streams - one for the video/audio part of the lesson and one for the chat room.

QAPLA!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
I missed the seminar but when it goes to live interaction, have you tried Adobe Connect? I attended a few live seminars (with interaction between presenters and crows) and that works pretty well.
LOL! Maybe avid will start editing their web semminars with premier pro and solving their [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ty audio problems with audition.......

Well maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea....
Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Stewart

Q The matter has already been addressed.
It's a webinar.. ---
A no its a broadcast to tv pros

Q in the moment -
A yep we all live Tv every day
Q...it sounded bad -
A yes it did
Q..who cares. ---
A me! . I cant abide distortion etc etc
Q..I'm sure the next one will be better..
A - yes probably now as its been raised as an issue.
Q.I've yet to see anything streaming live on the webernet that sounds any good. -
A That all depends on who is mixing it. Web broadcasts Ive done have been indistinguishable to real tv. Its just about how much you spend in gettig it right with the right kit, prep, crew, experience etc.
Im sure next time will blow us away!?!
Peter
Old 03-21-2013, 04:21 PM

Exclamation Re: Did anyone watch today's avid hdx webinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post

What was more interesting was watching the chat. Somebody asked in the chat when PT11 will be coming out and Avid person Collyer Spreen said 'this year for sure'. If you still have the link you clicked on for the webinar you can go there and by clicking the 'more info' thing in the chat window a few times you'll see what I'm talking about. It's fairly close after Tom Graham posted in the chat room about it being 15 minutes to show time and to post your questions now.
Hopefully same time as new Mac Pro....