Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 AM

Default Need advice (Besoin de conseils )

Hello

I want to know what the best plug-ins'' and'' virtual instrument software can be used with ProTools 10 on a PC are.

I had the idea of getting this Chris Hein Horns pro, but I find it hard to know the compatibility between the software, my computer and ProTools 10. Same for Eastwest products such Hollywood Brass virtual instrument specification table indicates that it is compatible with ProTools but implying it does not use the same interface, or something like that ...

Can you advise me?

Thank you in advance (I used the new ProTools software!).

Bonjour

J'aimerais connaître quels sont les meilleurs ''plug-ins'' et logiciels d'instruments virtuels pouvant être utilisés avec ProTools 10 sur un PC.

J'avais dans l'idée de me procurer le Chris Hein Horns pro, mais j'ai du mal à connaître les compatibilités entre ce logiciel, mon ordi ainsi que ProTools 10. Même chose pour les produits Eastwest, par exemple Hollywood Brass virtual instrument, le tableau des spécifications indique qu'il est compatible avec ProTools mais sous-entends qu'il n'utilise pas la même interface, ou quelque chose dans le genre...

Pouvez-vous me conseiller?

Merci d'avance ( je suis un nouveau usagé du logiciel ProTools! ).
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Need advice (Besoin de conseils )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo2 View Post
I want to know what the best plug-ins'' and'' virtual instrument software can be used with ProTools 10 on a PC are.

I had the idea of getting this Chris Hein Horns pro, but I find it hard to know the compatibility between the software, my computer and ProTools 10. Same for Eastwest products such Hollywood Brass virtual instrument specification table indicates that it is compatible with ProTools but implying it does not use the same interface, or something like that ...
Hi.

Correct me if am wrong, but it seems like you are looking spesifically for VI horns?

I don't have much experience regarding horns but there are some in Xpand2!. Have you checked these?

Here are a few I have not tried myself but maby worth checking out:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/...ass/intro.html
http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/demos_horntuba.php