Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2003, 10:53 AM

Default brauner phantom C

anyone use it? any info? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
nunu
Old 05-26-2003, 06:48 PM

Default Re: brauner phantom C

Hi,
used a pair of Phantom Vs ,AB, on drum overheads, through a Studer d19 and DM2000 on a jazz session. I got shimmery, lush and VAST cymbals, the top is so OPEN. In fact, the Phantom is THE most transparent mic I ever used. On vocals through a Tubetech MEC-1 it's also open ,there is no presence lift (not a Neumann, please). And because of excellent rear response (sic) charchteristic , there is an incredible balance of tone; reminiscent of a Sony C-800 through a Focusrite solid-state pre. I got a wonderful soprano sax sound, although CM-1 is better for the tenor. Also, the Phantom is nearly impossible to overload, I recommend the V because of its pad switch, not to mention 3 way polarity switch which eliminates bass proximity effect in omni.
I'm rather a fan of a solid-state mic through tube pre signal chain, I must admit that I will also use this tranny mic through more ICs than usual - it can take it.
If you only got money for ONE mic ONLY; get Phantom V.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:32 AM

well i have plan to buy it..just don't know anything about it..i have AKG C12VR as main mic..along with my millenia STT-1..i need an option for tracking vocal, acoustic guitar and ambience..
really interested on this mic because of price..i can't afford to buy V series..which is my dream mic...
well i need more info on this..
Old 05-27-2003, 03:47 PM

u have a c-12 and millenia but can't afford a phantom v ?? dealer here says 1190 euro for phantom c and 1590 eu for v btw valvet is 1890
Old 05-27-2003, 06:44 PM

..man..what i mean is i can't afford to buy V series is the VM klaus hayne..its over 8000USD . i got my AKG from trading with some guy here..one AKG C12VR with vintage fender telecaster..and millenia media for 2500USD with payment plan.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . business is tough here..not much money around on recording service..
can you imagine that we charge only 50-75USD for 6 hours for full blown studio in my country? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
so i need more info before buying stuff..i need mic..and i hate neumann [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ..every studio in my country has it..
Old 05-29-2003, 08:16 AM

ok, sorry fo misinterpreting your words, 'course, th modified VM's price is over the top. I think we just might have the same problems with studio rate vs. gear budget. It's just that we work the TV and radio commercials market more than the music market.
And I'm also tired of the N... it's colour is useful, but not on everything !
I have used a VM on saxophone and female vocal. I set it up side by side with the Phantom and Neumann 103 and 147... bought 2 Phantoms.