Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Occasional headphone out problems with Mbox 3 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
It's not pushed down the list at all - there are a few related issues that we're trying to fix, along with other (unrelated) issues and we typically don't put out a release with just one fix. There was a fix for LLM in 9.0.2, but it apparently caused some fallout, so we've had to review that section of code to find out where the mistake happened.

And, as I said, we typically address several issues in a particular release and put them all out at once, which is why a fix for a particular problem can take longer than expected.
So are you addressing the "B" headphone amp, the volume knob scratchiness, and the Speaker A/B Knob all at once then?

Any idea on a release date?

Are we talking weeks or months or what?

thanks for jumping in btw.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
It's not pushed down the list at all - there are a few related issues that we're trying to fix, along with other (unrelated) issues and we typically don't put out a release with just one fix. There was a fix for LLM in 9.0.2, but it apparently caused some fallout, so we've had to review that section of code to find out where the mistake happened.

And, as I said, we typically address several issues in a particular release and put them all out at once, which is why a fix for a particular problem can take longer than expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa3077boogie View Post
So are you addressing the "B" headphone amp, the volume knob scratchiness, and the Speaker A/B Knob all at once then?

Any idea on a release date?

Are we talking weeks or months or what?

thanks for jumping in btw.
Any Word DigiTechSupt ?
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 PM

dito on all that...

headphones, a/b, and the volume knob. it's killing me. honestly, i think we're owed a monetary credit by avid. anyone who owns a new MBox will never be able to sell it later on eBay for a studio upgrade because of all the bad press.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anackman View Post
dito on all that...

headphones, a/b, and the volume knob. it's killing me. honestly, i think we're owed a monetary credit by avid. anyone who owns a new MBox will never be able to sell it later on eBay for a studio upgrade because of all the bad press.
Lets petition AVID to get this fixed ASAP!

users in agreement chime in! we will need to post in multiple spots

mesa3077boogie
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasil View Post
I have two Metric Halo boxes, a ULN2 and a Mobile IO, neither of which cost that much more than the mBox Pro
I wonder where you bought them ?
Here in Norway ULN2 and Mobile IO each cost over twice the price of the Mbox Pro.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:22 AM

chrisdee, I bought both (both stock, not "expanded") of them as prerelease purchases ages ago here in the U.S., but yes "not much more" wouldn't apply at this point, I fear that was an exaggeration. By "not much more" I was getting at the point that they were only several hundred dollars more and still in the ballpark of the cost of setting up an AVID mBox 3 Pro rig, as in not $2,000 or $5,000 more, yet I get support which is incredibly helpful (and after all, ^$%# does happen : ) ) and they are a tiny company. If they had a $500 box one would get the same support, as in excellent, I am sure.

AVID needs to pick up their game in the support area. Not because I say so : ) but because if you took a poll and had thousands of DAW owners respond they would rank low, I regret, and their rep is taking a hit. (and I'm a complete Digi head ! I WANT them to rule! )
Old 06-16-2011, 06:43 AM

I sold my MBox Pro2 to get the new MBox Pro3 and i'm a lot disappointed.

I returned to sender the first one who arrived DOA.
I returned the second one too cause there was a jumping screw inside...

Now, with the third one, my 2 headphones are not working at all... I lost faith in AVID products.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:50 AM

Hey, my headphone B socket isn't working either... I feel I'm part of something already! Knew I should have gone with apogee. So, I take it there's still no fix? I waited 5 months for this, and it's the latest batch to arrive in the UK, so it must have left the factory with and error that was known about? What an arse!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 AM

I take that back! Actually, I found if you switch the MBox Pro on with the headphones already in the A or B socket, then socket B seems to work. Flakey I know, but watch this space!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM

I'm using an Mbox Pro 3 on Pro Tools 9.0.2, with updated drivers and I'm encountering this problem intermittently.

Yesterday I was able to trick software into functioning by changing the playback engine to "built in outputs," then changing playback engine back to Mbox Pro 3. Today I'm not able to get any sound from the headphone outs using that method.

I am able to monitor using the outs on the back of the mbox, but I'm only getting mono.

Still waiting for a fix!