Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2019, 03:52 AM

Default Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Okay so according to Steven Slate dictionary this thread is always meaningful and to the point, right?

I don’t care about Steven Slate. I don’t give them money as well. I could do, and I don’t get a penalty if I don’t.
This is an AVID forum and this thread is about a January announced product, stated ‘soon’ and whenever it’s released it’s only to be obtained under the conditions of a forced subscription plan, because if you opt out, you’ll get a penalty fee for reinstatement.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Enough of the Avid policies, let me just repeat myself: I expected we have Mojave support in 2018 and was stunned it was postponed to 2019. Then was stunned again that there was no .1 release and simply mad about all of this when they pulled .3 although there was good reason to do so.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
Keep in mind, if you do let it lapse, to make business sense, you'd have to wait 3 years and buy it on a black friday sale (usually %20 off) to make it worth while, which would be in in 2022.
That's actually not correct. At the current prices, even without any discounts, you get the same coverage (less the intermediate updates, if any) if you renew after roughly 2.5 years. Assuming you can get 20% on the reinstatement, but not on the regular update plan, it's only 2 years.

That's not too bad actually, given the current rate of progress at Avid's side.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
It should not be allowed to talk in a language other than English in an English language thread.. I am really surprised the moderators haven't removed those posts as it's just SO incredibly rude.. beyond rude actually.

Avid can start a foreign sub forum or at least keep it to topics that have been started in something other than English.. It is just disgusting to have "private conversations" in a foreign language amongst a huge topic of English speakers.
It is being discussed as for a precedent.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-26-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
It should not be allowed to talk in a language other than English in an English language thread.. I am really surprised the moderators haven't removed those posts as it's just SO incredibly rude.. beyond rude actually.

Avid can start a foreign sub forum or at least keep it to topics that have been started in something other than English.. It is just disgusting to have "private conversations" in a foreign language amongst a huge topic of English speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
It is being discussed as for a precedent.
Are you serious. This must be a joke.

https://translate.google.com/?client...iten.%20Bitte!

I directly switched back to english, when realizing, that meads have gotten me completely wrong in trying to tell him, that it might be of more help to be polite.
My english is pretty bad, so I thought i might find better words in german. He got it wrong anyway.
Yes I could have PMed him and will do so in the future. Or to be more precise i will just keep of trying anything like that on this forum at all.

How come you guys behave like that. What happened that everybody is so rude with each other. I was raised different and have never experienced such behavior in my private surrounding or at work. I am in this business for 20 years now. And always thought that soundguys are particularly nice, reasonable and rational. Time to change my mind.
Video Slave 4.3.477

Last edited by Basstian; 04-26-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger View Post
I let my plan lapse a few days ago. It's just not worth it and the last few versions have been the most stable for me since 8. Long standing bugs aren't getting fixed, the support hasn't been helpful, and the features that appear to be coming just don't make enough difference for me to keep shelling out $400 a year. I make my living with Pro Tools but my clients don't care what version I'm using as long as compatibility isn't an issue. I'll reassess in three years.

Same here I’ve been off the reservation since 12.8.

I really can’t tell a difference personally, PT works fine for me.
But I am not on Mac for my main machine and I am not updating my main windows rig

I have a mobile unit with a studiolive and an Apollo and I use 10.11 - El Capitan for that with both TB and FW connections and PT12.4 - I noticed no issues here.

12.5.1 in the main room Windows
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
As a PT user, if you can ever get used to S1's disastrous GUI that just keeps getting worse with each version (it is a visual cacophony)
I know, I don’t like it at all. I also care ever remember the way to switch between mixer and timeline view. I suppose I don’t use it enough

Quote:
I am sick and tired of 32 inputs and I can not afford over 20 thousand AUD for a proper HDX system.......

Deals are out there. I got a HDN system with a 8x8 for less than $2k several years ago, and I got a deal on a HDX system with a 16x16 for a steal. And I sold the 16x16 and the other items and I kept only the HDX card...omg it was a super deal.

Oh the next couple years as the technology moves on from AAXDSP people will be unloading them
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:42 AM

Seriously MODS - close this thread already.

20 years ago the DUC used to be a wonderful place to come to for / or give advice or share an opinion, but every single thread these days have some bully trying to belittle others etc etc. It is tiring and contributes absolutely nothing.
Internet putting the deathnail in the age of civility.
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks
Old 04-26-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefB View Post
Seriously MODS - close this thread already.

Internet putting the deathnail in the age of civility.
And closing this thread is going to do what for internet civility? I think it should live on, even though you personally disagree with it. The reason it should live on, is because there are people at AVID who read these threads and this is a great way to let them know how the base is feeling. Anyway another thread will start with more people complaining in the same way. Would you vote to close that too and limit visibility to AVID? You have the ability to ignore this thread. Vote with your lack of clicks.

Last edited by gnjlee; 04-26-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:26 AM

I do not have a problem with the thread - I have a problem with forum members turning threads into nasty personal fights - but thanks for the advice!
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks