Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 AM

Default > Installing Waves on Venue Consoles

I am starting to see a lot more Digidesign consoles this year as we perform across the US on fly dates. I own Mercury TDM with the Studio Classics Collection in my studio and would love to use some of the plugins for live sound. I have some questions people on this forum may easily know the answers to:

1. Is the Mercury TDM w/ SCC ilok licenses valid for use on the Digidesign Venue Console, once the $35 Waves DShow enabler has been purchased?
2. Is it legit to install the Waves plugin bundle on each Digidesign console I come across in my travels?
3. How big a deal is it for me to install the plugin bundle on each console? Is there a simple method, where I can just put the appropriate files in place in the right folders, and remove the files when I am done (so they do not cause problems for the next user once my iLok is gone)? or must I run a specific installer/deinstaller for the Digidesign Venue Consoles?

Any comments to the above and your general insights on how to make this practical with tight time-lines would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM

Default Re: > Installing Waves on Venue Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
I am starting to see a lot more Digidesign consoles this year as we perform across the US on fly dates. I own Mercury TDM with the Studio Classics Collection in my studio and would love to use some of the plugins for live sound. I have some questions people on this forum may easily know the answers to:

1. Is the Mercury TDM w/ SCC ilok licenses valid for use on the Digidesign Venue Console, once the $35 Waves DShow enabler has been purchased?
2. Is it legit to install the Waves plugin bundle on each Digidesign console I come across in my travels?
3. How big a deal is it for me to install the plugin bundle on each console? Is there a simple method, where I can just put the appropriate files in place in the right folders, and remove the files when I am done (so they do not cause problems for the next user once my iLok is gone)? or must I run a specific installer/deinstaller for the Digidesign Venue Consoles?

Any comments to the above and your general insights on how to make this practical with tight time-lines would be appreciated.

Thanks!
You just need the enabler and your existing iLok should work.

I think you can install the plugins whenever and wherever you want as long as the sound co is fine. The authorizations on your iLok are what matter most in terms of legitimacy.

Waves V7 can be directly installed from the Plugins tab on the Options page. In playing around, though, it can take a while for the plug-in rack to initialize following installation, but other than that it was pretty painless for me. I keep a USB drive with me that has all my plugin installers and I customized the Waves install a bit for the stuff I've been trying out so I don't install every single plugin they have for the Venue.

Dave
Old 01-25-2010, 10:10 AM

Further on your questions:

Is your studio "Mercury TDM with the Studio Classics Collection" -WIN TDM or MAC TDM? I thought only WIN TDM would work on Venue. I'd love to be able to go back and forth from MAC based PT TDM to VENUE. Possible?

Also, is it at all possible for FOH and Monitors on same Venue stage rack to share iLOk or plug-ins? I assume we would have to purchase 2 separate Waves bundles. ???
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsnoop View Post
I'd love to be able to go back and forth from MAC based PT TDM to VENUE. Possible?
Yes, just download the Venue installer from the Waves website and follow the installation directions. The program only looks for an authorized iLok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsnoop View Post
Also, is it at all possible for FOH and Monitors on same Venue stage rack to share iLOk or plug-ins? I assume we would have to purchase 2 separate Waves bundles. ???
If you're splitting the stage rack (which is possible, but not supported) then the answer is no, you just have to spend some time setting up your shows. If you have two different stage racks in use then the answer is a qualified maybe. I will not divulge the workaround in a public forum, but there is one. Play with the consoles for a little while and you may find it.

Erik
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM

can someone please help me. i have installed waves onto my profile but it can't see the licenses on my USB key. i'm using waves 9.
should i have a "licenses" folder on my key in the root directory or have that folder in a different place? thanks.

Last edited by jeremy glover; 04-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 PM

I havent personally run V9 on Venue yet, but it should be pretty straight froward I believe, you transfer your licenses using Waves License Center to an USB stick and then when connecting that stick to the console they will run, much like using an Ilok. Couple of basic guestions to check:
Did the USB stick actually got the licenses?
Can you run the plugins on a computer with this USB stick?
If so, is the stick FAT32?
Did you install from Venue installer or perhaps Waves installer for Windows?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM

thanks a million, it's all running smooth now.
just had to go to the WLC and transfer the licenses.
cheers.